Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rancho does right by me.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho does right by me.

I’ve been planning my build for the better part of a year, I have been selecting parts, drooling over photos of lifted JKU’s, saving money and scheming how I can justify the expense.
When it came time to select the shocks I opted for the Rancho RS9000XL, I like the idea of the adjustability and the price is good.

I had pm’d the Rancho rep on the board and he told me a specific part number that would fit the fronts for a 2.5” lift.
When it came time to buy the parts I shopped Quadratec and Amazon, both sites indicated that the part # that the Rancho rep had given me wouldn't fit.
To be doubly sure I came back to the Rancho rep again via PM, where he reiterated that the part # he had given me would work.
So I ordered the shocks online using the part # that the rep had given me.

We installed the 2.5” Teraflex spring lift last Saturday; we did the rear first and all looked to be going well.
When we got to the front…the shocks were clearly wrong.
Firstly they had a post rather than simply bushings.
When we figured out that the post could be removed we did so, only to discover that the bottom end of the shock was way too narrow to be the proper fit.
It was the end of day, we were burnt out and frustrated, so we got some washers and put enough of them in to get the shocks mounted…I needed to get the jeep working and on the ground (it’s my only daily driver, I need the vehicle to work).

Sunday I pm’ed the Rancho rep on the board figuring that somehow I had screwed up and asked for help.
Monday, first thing, Matt the Rancho rep responded to my PM, saying that he understood what had happened.

They had given me the wrong part #.....twice.
It’s a super easy mistake to make.
The correct part # is RS999329, wrong part # is RS999239 and I had ordered and installed the 239’s.

Tuesday, I get a PM from Matt asking for my street address.
Today (Thursday) UPS shows up with 2, brand new, in the boxes, proper part number RS9000XL shocks.

Here’s a big, public thank you for making things right and providing such excellent customer service.
All too often service like this is non-existent.
So, again, many thanks to Matt, the Rancho Rep, and Rancho for doing right by me.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, Matt is awesome and did the same for me when I was missing a few parts from my sport lift. Great company to deal with. And the shocks are great!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by furbishv
I’ve been planning my build for the better part of a year, I have been selecting parts, drooling over photos of lifted JKU’s, saving money and scheming how I can justify the expense.
When it came time to select the shocks I opted for the Rancho RS9000XL, I like the idea of the adjustability and the price is good.

I had pm’d the Rancho rep on the board and he told me a specific part number that would fit the fronts for a 2.5” lift.
When it came time to buy the parts I shopped Quadratec and Amazon, both sites indicated that the part # that the Rancho rep had given me wouldn't fit.
To be doubly sure I came back to the Rancho rep again via PM, where he reiterated that the part # he had given me would work.
So I ordered the shocks online using the part # that the rep had given me.

We installed the 2.5” Teraflex spring lift last Saturday; we did the rear first and all looked to be going well.
When we got to the front…the shocks were clearly wrong.
Firstly they had a post rather than simply bushings.
When we figured out that the post could be removed we did so, only to discover that the bottom end of the shock was way too narrow to be the proper fit.
It was the end of day, we were burnt out and frustrated, so we got some washers and put enough of them in to get the shocks mounted…I needed to get the jeep working and on the ground (it’s my only daily driver, I need the vehicle to work).

Sunday I pm’ed the Rancho rep on the board figuring that somehow I had screwed up and asked for help.
Monday, first thing, Matt the Rancho rep responded to my PM, saying that he understood what had happened.

They had given me the wrong part #.....twice.
It’s a super easy mistake to make.
The correct part # is RS999329, wrong part # is RS999239 and I had ordered and installed the 239’s.

Tuesday, I get a PM from Matt asking for my street address.
Today (Thursday) UPS shows up with 2, brand new, in the boxes, proper part number RS9000XL shocks.

Here’s a big, public thank you for making things right and providing such excellent customer service.
All too often service like this is non-existent.
So, again, many thanks to Matt, the Rancho Rep, and Rancho for doing right by me.
That's AWESOME!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely a great rep and company. Matt answered any question I had about their exhaust pipe kit in regards to driveshaft issues.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks!

I dropped the ball with furbishv. My hands typed the wrong P/N but my brain saw it correctly. Ugh!

Funny thing was I kept PMing furbishv but his in box was too full to let him know I wanted to fix my mistake.

He was pretty stoked when I got his PM.

Again sorry about that, it was the right thing to do from my end.

My guy who runs the Rancho was very understanding with me as well.

I usually help/fix issues not cause them.
Thanks again furbishv for dealing with me and fixing my problem.

Matt

Quick Reply: Rancho does right by me.