Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

rare 2DR pic request

Old 11-03-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rare 2DR pic request

can someone post a pic of a 2Dr with a child car seat in the back... child or no child attached.

I'm an idiot. I didn't test drive the jeep at all and didn't bother testing to see if a car seat would be fine in the back of a 2Dr. I just wanted a 2Dr jeep so badly I got one on impulse. My son is old enough to climb in his car seat and buckle himself. I just need to tighten it for him. Wondering if he'll be comfortable back there or if I made a selfish mistake and should've ordered a 4Dr. I do have another family car (think 7 seats), but I really don't want to drive it anymore when I get the jeep. I want it to be a backup vehicle.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

No pics - my babies are 5'10" and 6'5" respectively. You should see them climbing into the back of my 2dr. I kept my family car too but rarely drive it as I am hooked on my Jeep.

As for the car seat, if it is not a proper fit you can purchase adjustment pieces. Check out any baby store. I needed adjustments for the booster seats as they wouldn't fit securely with shoulder straps - think early 90's.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 5-year-old daughter prefers to ride in the Jeep. She can move the front seat out of the way, climb back there and buckle herself in just fine. She's on the tall side and has been in a booster seat for some time now. It fits just fine of course. A regular front-facing child's seat would be fine too. There's actually a lot of room back there once you get in... that is the trick. I installed a spring on the front seat to keep it forward. Real handy, especially parked uphill.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't have a pic, but I've had a baby seat in the back of mine (rear facing type). It was a feat but somehow we barely got it in there. I would NOT want to have to take one in and out on a regular basis!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need to talk to "Jeepin Dad", he has a 2dr and has a child seat in the back of his. I've been wheeling with him before when he brought the kids along. I'm sure he has a picture of it somewhere.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I HAVE 13 MONTH OLD TWINS AND PUT TWO CAR SEATS IN MY 2 DR NO PROB IN SUMMER UN ZIP THE WINDOW AND TOSS EM IN AND THIS WINTER WELL UM WIFE GETS IN AND I PASS THEM TO HER TO STRAR EM IN DUE TO THE HARD TOP BUT THATS WHY WE HAVE HER CAR AND THE MINI VAN

WILL DIG UP THE PIC AND SEND IT TO YOU BUT IT IS DO ABLE

Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bigger rear facing seats are a problem. If I have it strapped in behind the drivers side then I'm right on top of the steering wheel. My wife is tall so the alternate is not a solution. But it's not our only transportation and the baby is too young to go off-roading anyway. It'll be perfect when we get a forward facing seat in there.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tommy3rd - Like you, I wanted the 2dr. My girls (10&6) are old enough to get in and put their seatbelts on though. When I brought the whole family to look at the JKs at the dealership, my wife said "no way - 4dr." I love the 4dr, love her for pushing it, but she still hates me.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is some pics. There iss plenty of room back there for car seats it is a little awkard getting between the seat and the pillar to help buckle them in but can be done.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Rafiki
No pics - my babies are 5'10" and 6'5" respectively. You should see them climbing into the back of my 2dr. I kept my family car too but rarely drive it as I am hooked on my Jeep.

As for the car seat, if it is not a proper fit you can purchase adjustment pieces. Check out any baby store. I needed adjustments for the booster seats as they wouldn't fit securely with shoulder straps - think early 90's.
your babies sound like over grown apes

Quick Reply: rare 2DR pic request