Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Re Gear cost and location in San Diego area!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re Gear cost and location in San Diego area!

What's up y'all, just curious to find out where is the best place in the San Diego area to get gears done. These 3.73 with 35s aint cuttin it no more So Im looking to go 4.88 because its my daily driver and I'm thinkin this will help with back and forth to work, and some wheelin too!!! I went to OFFROAD WAREHOUSE and talked with one of the guys over there and he seems to be getting me some good discounts, and he quoted me around $1550 for front and rear. From what I've read it seems like this is pretty normal but these days everyone would like to save some money!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got ours done at 4wp in El Cajon. Not the cheapest but they replaced all bearings and seals where some other shops were going to re-use the originals. 3 year warranty on their labor. Biggest factor for me was they did it in 1 day, my wife didn't want to be without her Jeep. Cost about $1700.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Evo in Fullerton has a 999$ regear special. Covers front and rear gears, master rebuild kits and labor, with warranty. Unbeatable.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bokissack
What's up y'all, just curious to find out where is the best place in the San Diego area to get gears done. These 3.73 with 35s aint cuttin it no more So Im looking to go 4.88 because its my daily driver and I'm thinkin this will help with back and forth to work, and some wheelin too!!! I went to OFFROAD WAREHOUSE and talked with one of the guys over there and he seems to be getting me some good discounts, and he quoted me around $1550 for front and rear. From what I've read it seems like this is pretty normal but these days everyone would like to save some money!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
i don't have a quote for gear change but as for offroad warehouse, whenever I go there, they sound like they're giving me a lot of discounts but they're usually more expensive. I only go there if I HAVE to since they're down the street from me...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Sgt Mack
Evo in Fullerton has a 999$ regear special. Covers front and rear gears, master rebuild kits and labor, with warranty. Unbeatable.
yep, we have a lot of people come up from San Diego then ride the train back

Quick Reply: Re Gear cost and location in San Diego area!