Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Really want a '12 Wranger UL Sahara

Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Thank you for all of the replies!

It did seem like they wanted me to walk out the door that day with the new Jeep.

I do believe it has some more options other than the base ones cause there was a colored hard top, and I believe the connectivity group option.

I will continue to do more research and then get back to them with a price and interest rate that will work for me.

Thanks again for all your help!

-SpiderDice
Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

So here's all the options that I want on the Jeep. The salesman at the dealership told me that the MSRP was just over $40,000.

Here's what I calculated.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Sahara Black)
Dealership: Stoneridge Jeep Chrysler Dodge of Dublin
(http://www.stoneridgechryslerjeepdodgeofdublin.com)

Options
- Black Cloth Seats
- Heated Seats ($250)
- Slush Mats ($75)
- Remote Start ($200)
- Body Color 3 piece hard top ($1,715)
- 5 speed automatic ($1,125)
- Connectivity Group ($385)
- Media Center 430N ($1,035)
- Limited Slip Differential ($295)

Options Total: $5080

Destination Charge: $800

MSRP + Destination: $36,625

Trade In: $6000

Total Estimated Price: $30,625

I don't have any money to put down, I just have my trade in which "they said" is worth $6000. KBB says that the price of that car is closer to $8500.

When I use their "Payment Calulator", 3.34% is the "best rate" Chrysler can offer, 72 months, $6000 trade in = $472/month!

When I use a third party interest rate of 1.9%, this only brings the monthly cost to $452.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by SpiderDice; 01-26-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added dealership
Old 01-26-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderDice

MSRP + Destination: $36,625

With those options I I got MSRP 36,725 with invoice of 34,450. I would offer 34,106 tops and play hardball with the trade. They always low ball you on their first offer. Try to get at least another grand. Its usually pretty hard to get KBB for your trade but you should be able to get around 90% of KBB without too much effort.

Be willing to walk away if the deal isn't right. They are still making 2012's and there a bunch out there.

Edit: if you want to bring your monthly down more start looking for the Sport S instead of the Sahara. Though you can't get Nav in the Sport you can still get most of the other options you have listed and you will have the same axles just 17's instead of 18's. I paid 29k for my '12 with 7 speaker, uconnect, auto, 3.73 lsd, hardtop etc

Last edited by hypeiv; 01-26-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Great advise from everyone else. I agree that the price is a bit high. I just got a 2012 JKU Rubicon with nav and some other options and mine was a little over $35k before Ttl or trade.

Good luck and this forum is great as you can tell.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought mine from my dad, who ran the dealership, so my pricing isnt something the public gets lol. But that being said, his usual advice is shop between competative dealerships. Get a price from one, then head to another and get them to beat it, and try another after that and get them to try and beat that one too. Go in a circle until someone finally bottoms out. Even try e-mail quotes from dealers that are beyong your driving range. If you can get someone to get you a number on paper, then you have something for another dealer to compete against. Most places would rather make the deal on the vehicle at no serious profit in the hopes to make it back on service.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also food for thought... I could not get 3 different dealers to give me a dime more then $9700.00 for my trade-in. They wouldn't budge for sh!t. So I sold my car on eBay in one week for $16,000.00! For the most part trade in is a scam and not really worth it most of the time.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hypeiv
With those options I I got MSRP 36,725 with invoice of 34,450. I would offer 34,106 tops and play hardball with the trade. They always low ball you on their first offer. Try to get at least another grand. Its usually pretty hard to get KBB for your trade but you should be able to get around 90% of KBB without too much effort.

Be willing to walk away if the deal isn't right. They are still making 2012's and there a bunch out there.

Edit: if you want to bring your monthly down more start looking for the Sport S instead of the Sahara. Though you can't get Nav in the Sport you can still get most of the other options you have listed and you will have the same axles just 17's instead of 18's. I paid 29k for my '12 with 7 speaker, uconnect, auto, 3.73 lsd, hardtop etc

Wow, you are right! I don't care about the NAV system, automatic air conditioning, or remote start.

The only thing I do like about the Sahara is the Body Color hard top. I've seen the Black hard top and it looks like plastic. I may have to get it White in order to match that plastic looking hard top.

The body color hard top is one of the top reasons why I would like a Sahara.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I just found a UL Sport in White at Stevens Creek in San Jose. It's a manual transmission.

What do you guys prefer? Manual or Automatic on the '12s?

Here's the sticker for UL Sport(White):
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BJWDG0CL152749

Here's the sticker for UL Sport(Black): This one has auto tranny.
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BJWDG8CL166740

Last edited by SpiderDice; 01-27-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added black UL
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderDice
Wow, you are right! I don't care about the NAV system, automatic air conditioning, or remote start.

The only thing I do like about the Sahara is the Body Color hard top. I've seen the Black hard top and it looks like plastic. I may have to get it White in order to match that plastic looking hard top.

The body color hard top is one of the top reasons why I would like a Sahara.
You are correct the one you are looking at isn't a painted hard top... it only looks body color b/c its flat black on a black Sahara. The painted matching hard top would have a shine to it.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The ///Man
Just remember, they can always work a better deal, always.

Do some research on your vehicle, make sure they are giving you a fair price, do some research on their vehicle and make sure they are giving you a fair price. Most dealers will get down to invoice or very close, edmunds.com can tell you invoice on that vehicle. Remember, they are making money off the Jeep, making money off any rebates or factory incentives, making money off the financing, gap, warranty, etc if you buy it, and they will be making money off your trade.

It took me 2 weeks to buy my Jeep, but they went from trying to make $15k off the deal to more around $4k which is fair in my opinion.
Wow, okay. I really like that white one at Steven's Creek. Much less sticker price at $30k.

So if I get, let's say, $7000 for my trade in. And I get them down to $28, my monthly payments could definitely be close to $250/month..

Quick Reply: Really want a '12 Wranger UL Sahara