Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear door reforcment for 33s?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear door reforcment for 33s?

So I'm gearing up to put on 33s x12.5 on my jeep. I'm putting the tire on the dc2 by dick cepek. I heard somebody say you need a kit to reinforce the rear door to keep it from tearing apart. Is this true? If so, I've never seen one does anybody use this?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jakejk
So I'm gearing up to put on 33s x12.5 on my jeep. I'm putting the tire on the dc2 by dick cepek. I heard somebody say you need a kit to reinforce the rear door to keep it from tearing apart. Is this true? If so, I've never seen one does anybody use this?
The only type of "door" reinforcement would be a Terflex HD tailgate carrier. Definitly not needed for 33's but nice to have. You will need a spare tire relocation bracket in order to mount those depending on the wheel offset.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project

The only type of "door" reinforcement would be a Terflex HD tailgate carrier. Definitly not needed for 33's but nice to have. You will need a spare tire relocation bracket in order to mount those depending on the wheel offset.
My offset is -12mm /4.5 backspace is that good?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally depends on your bumper. With stock I was fine. When I installed the jcr stubby, no bueno, I needed a spacer to clear the bumper. After the spacer, my gate started rattling like crazy within a few months. I run stock wheels fwiw.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 71Luber
Totally depends on your bumper. With stock I was fine. When I installed the jcr stubby, no bueno, I needed a spacer to clear the bumper. After the spacer, my gate started rattling like crazy within a few months. I run stock wheels fwiw.
Ok cool mine should be fine I put the smittybuilt on and it completely cut out for the tire almost flush if not aft of the mounting point itself.

Quick Reply: Rear door reforcment for 33s?