Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

recommendation please... (bumpers/body armor)

Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendation please... (bumpers/body armor)

so im new to jeeping but not new to the custom/ modified auto world.

so im learning the brand names and the cheap ones slowely. what to look for and what to stay away from
my question is about smittybilt bumpers. and well all there product.

I really like the way Smittybilt XRC Modular M.O.D. Bumper looks once you have the stinger bar on it.
the gussets and that the winch sits lower down.
I do with the corners were different but will do.

also I would love to know what is your experience on smitty armor kit? it looks really good. but not sure if my state will be to happy with so little tire coverage.

so far my next favourite would be poison spyder bumpers both front and rear.
front I like ether Brawler Lite front bumper with stinger or Brawler MID front bumper
but if I was to get the stinger by PSC I would make I gusset tip just like the one on smitty
and see if there is a way to modify it to have the winch sit lower in the bumper then on top and visible.
am I crazy for thinking of modifying this?

if you know of other brands that im not seeing or giving enough attention that look like the 2 models I have named please let me know.

im a guy to buy good quality parts that will last me a long time and look good as well. strong believer in buy once pay once.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

I have owned the Smitty XRC bumpers and now have the Paramount bumpers. The Paramount rear bumper has a better latching mechanism than the Smitty did. Otherwise, they are pretty much equal.

The main difference was price, $850 for front and rear bumper with tire carrier sold me on the Paramount. The negatives I hear on the Paramount bumpers is that the powdercoat is not very good, mine have been fine.

Here is a link about the bumpers - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...ffroad-268854/

Last edited by backwoodjk; 09-12-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
I have owned the Smitty XRC bumpers and now have the Paramount bumpers. The Paramount rear bumper has a better latching mechanism than the Smitty did. Otherwise, they are pretty much equal.

The main difference was price, $850 for front and rear bumper with tire carrier sold me on the Paramount. The negatives I hear on the Paramount bumpers is that the powdercoat is not very good, mine have been fine.

Here is a link about the bumpers - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...ffroad-268854/
not the biggest fan of the paramount bumpers, I mean I like simple but they look like to simple.
I like the curves in the PSC bumpers and more so the smitty.

good info though, thanks any one else?
Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

I am not as knowledgable as most of the guys on here. I have the xrc stinger bumper and I love it. One of my fav mods, very pleased.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lancerayfr
I am not as knowledgable as most of the guys on here. I have the xrc stinger bumper and I love it. One of my fav mods, very pleased.
picture or it didn't happen... lol
Old 09-12-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the MOD bumper and love it. I got the stinger and bull bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3708394477.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	496964

Name:	image-186327484.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	496965

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Name:	image-2368079067.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	496966

Quick Reply: recommendation please... (bumpers/body armor)