Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Removal of 4 door soft top hardware from roll bar?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removal of 4 door soft top hardware from roll bar?

I want to remove the soft top assembly from the back of my 4 door. I'm curious if I have to unbolt the whole thing from where it attaches to the roll bar, or if there are latches that I haven't found yet. It consumes too much space when collapsed. I'm guessing that I just have to unbolt it, but wanted to see what others have done.

-Ted
Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

You will have to remove your hardtop, or alteast lift it up. Removal of the soft is just four bolts on the rollbar. I still have mine in the back also, just don't have two extra buddies around at the same time to lift and remove.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

it is much easier to remove it and leave the brackets that attach to the roll bar in place. there are 4 torx bolts, one at the end of each of the 2 bows. takes all of 2 minutes to remove them with a screw gun.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gjeepguy
it is much easier to remove it and leave the brackets that attach to the roll bar in place. there are 4 torx bolts, one at the end of each of the 2 bows. takes all of 2 minutes to remove them with a screw gun.
Thanks, that is actually what I ment, I can see how that can be miss understood. Leave the brackets!!

Quick Reply: Removal of 4 door soft top hardware from roll bar?