Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rescue Green / Commando Green

Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rescue Green / Commando Green

Like many of you, I've been curious to see how Rescue Green and Commando Green looked side by side. My local dealer got a couple of CGs in, so I went down there this morning. I figured I'd get some pics to share- unfortunately, they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. I used my iphone because it would have been a little odd for me to be walking around the lot with a real camera; this is the best I got with some simple post processing to get them closer to what I remembered . I still like my Rescue Green better, but Commando isn't too bad. I'd describe it as a less saturated version of RG.

Of course, the downside to any trip to the dealer is having to deal with salesmen. This one was juuust a little off on his product knowledge. To get rid of him, I said my plan was to wait and see if the 8sp auto comes out for 2014. I segued from that to asking if they had any 1/2 tons with the Pentastar / 8spd combo. From there, his eyes glazed over and he went into his more or less robotic pitch explaining that nows the time to buy a 1500 because -get this- next year they're going to have urea injection which will add to the cost. Right now, he said, Chevy & Dodge already have to put the exhaust fluid in, but not the Dodge. OK, that makes sense for the diesels, but we were talking about 1/2 tons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	374945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	374946
Old 10-06-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like jeep stalking on dealerships on Sundays in Indiana caused they are closed and you don't have to deal with salesmen

Quick Reply: Rescue Green / Commando Green