Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ridgid Industries Halo Flashlight - fra-gile

Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ridgid Industries Halo Flashlight - fra-gile

$100 flashlight...

Was working on the jeep at the front bumper, was down on my hands and knees and had the flashlight held between my shoulder and cheeks, like we all do when we need both hands. Flash light fell out, bounced off my jacket that was fluffed out, and hit the ground. Now she's dead. I've tried everything and it won't come back on.

Now I am going to have to get them to warranty it, which will be a pain. But, what if this happened on the side if the road? I spent the money on this light because its the only light I carry!!! I had I go inside, get a 10 year old mag lite I finish the job. I am so disappointed.

Has anyone else done something as simple as this and had this light break? How was the warranty process??
Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Sorry about your fancy flashlight not working. I'm using the same Maglight my dad used to kill a deer with 15 years ago. These damn lights never die.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy that the rigid would be that fragile considering how tough the light bars are
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My mag light has hit the ground at 50mph (doors off and it fell out of my seat clip) and has fell out of my cheek and shoulder. It still works like its new. I have the 3d led mag lite btw
Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Call rigid it wont be hard at all to get this warrantied.

David
Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Delux2769
Sorry about your fancy flashlight not working. I'm using the same Maglight my dad used to kill a deer with 15 years ago. These damn lights never die.
My mag lite saved my day!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Murder¹
That's crazy that the rigid would be that fragile considering how tough the light bars are
Exactly! That's why I bought it. I have the d2's and they are great. The light comes with a kit to recharge the batteries with you cigarette lighter so I thought it would be a great idea so I would never have to worry about carrying spare batteries...
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brightwhite
$100 flashlight...

Was working on the jeep at the front bumper, was down on my hands and knees and had the flashlight held between my shoulder and cheeks, like we all do when we need both hands. Flash light fell out, bounced off my jacket that was fluffed out, and hit the ground. Now she's dead. I've tried everything and it won't come back on.

Now I am going to have to get them to warranty it, which will be a pain. But, what if this happened on the side if the road? I spent the money on this light because its the only light I carry!!! I had I go inside, get a 10 year old mag lite I finish the job. I am so disappointed.

Has anyone else done something as simple as this and had this light break? How was the warranty process??
makes a pretty good argument to buy the cheap made in china led lights now
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Call rigid it wont be hard at all to get this warrantied.

David
Thanks David, I am going to call them this afternoon. Have you been selling many of these? I am just shocked at how easy it broke...I hope I have a fluke model or something...would hate for it to do that on the side of the road or on a trail at night when I really need it.

So much for it being my only light I guess now....will always be worried and will need a spare.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

I have bought quite a few led flashlights. I have sent my streamlight ds led back three times. They fixed it for free but it still broke three times. I have a pelican 7060 led as well. Very good light. It got run over and still worked even though the aluminum head was bent. I keep a surefire polytac led in the jeep. It is small and very bright. The only downside is that it uses the cr123 batteries. They are expensive and but I order them from amazon. Maglights are very durable but the traditional ones look like a candle compared to an led light. The led maglights are cheaper bit not nearly as bright as a streamlight, surefire or pelican.

The surefire lights that I own have never broken and perform the best.

Quick Reply: Ridgid Industries Halo Flashlight - fra-gile