Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Road flares as part of your JK Safety Kit?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Road flares as part of your JK Safety Kit?

I already have a first aid kit, Fire Extinguisher, small air compressor jumper cables, tow strap, snatch block, leather work gloves, small Britta water filter bottle, and a small plastic ammo can with candles, lighter, compass, swiss army knife, and about 3 days worth of rations. Not to mention 2 gal Roto-PaX gas pack and a 1 gal water pack on the back.

Do you think I need Road flare's and warning triangles?

Believe or not but all this stuff fits in the storage tray except the small plastic ammo can.

Another thing you think I'm being to boy scout like by having all this stuff in my jeep all the time?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I carry an electronic LED flare and extra batteries. Small, bright, fireproof, and it runs for hours.

My Jeep carries all its boy scout gear all the time. Its a Jeep!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have flares & traingles but like the LED ones, just haven't ponied up the money for them. I can't say I always carry everything as the Jeep is my daily driver and there is no need to carry all that weight or need around town, but I do always have my trauma kit, it's been used a couple times when I've come across accidents before first responders arrive.

Yes I'm a Scout and no I don't think it's a bad thing to have all that in there, especially depending on where you live.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better to have a good kit and not need it, than to need it and not have it. " Semper Paratus"
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Four Low
Better to have a good kit and not need it, than to need it and not have it. " Semper Paratus"
WELL PUT.......

I always carry my recovery gear, first aid kit, and fire extinguishers, Always.

Quick Reply: Road flares as part of your JK Safety Kit?