Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rock krawler false advertising

Old 03-11-2015, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup. That's what it sounds like Stub. Their lifts are designed to eliminate rake and therefore their rear springs produce less lift than the fronts. Their 2.5" rear springs have less than 2.5" to fix the rake. So rear springs from a 1.5" are matched to the fronts with removing rake in the design and don't net 1.5". Maybe it was all a failure of communication.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That is correct. With our 1.5" coil sets, they are approximately 2" front and 1" rear within tolerance and reason. That is our goal for our matched coil sets. We do not feel that is false advertising, just how we do it. If anyone has any questions regarding our products, and are trying to mix and match stuff, please call us, pm us, or get ahold of one of our dealers or distributors first to make sure you are ordering the part that will best suite your needs.

RK
Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread should be put out of its misery.

BTW, I'm a RK customer and their stuff fookin rocks!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:08 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

This thread has no misery. It may of been resolved quicker if the OP has said they had only bought the rears, but may not of been aware that this would have been relevant. For everyone that didn't know that lift springs were paired to take out the rake, this thread will be of use.

I do have RK 2.5" springs and they give me 3" of lift with Warn bumpers, winch, roll cage, and a full set of Rockhard skids trying to pull the Jeep back to the ground.

Anyway, glad the OP will be sorted.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was right there with the OP until I read that they were specifically talking about rear coils from a kit. As has already been said, rear coils from a kit are always shorter than fronts to even out the factory rake, and the average lift between the front and rear is usually what's advertised as the overall amount of lift that the kit provides.

I'm glad everything got straightened out in the end.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 7kings
I was right there with the OP until I read that they were specifically talking about rear coils from a kit. As has already been said, rear coils from a kit are always shorter than fronts to even out the factory rake, and the average lift between the front and rear is usually what's advertised as the overall amount of lift that the kit provides.

I'm glad everything got straightened out in the end.
Me too. For some reason I was thinking they were front springs.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ade
This thread has no misery. It may of been resolved quicker if the OP has said they had only bought the rears, but may not of been aware that this would have been relevant. For everyone that didn't know that lift springs were paired to take out the rake, this thread will be of use.

I do have RK 2.5" springs and they give me 3" of lift with Warn bumpers, winch, roll cage, and a full set of Rockhard skids trying to pull the Jeep back to the ground.

Anyway, glad the OP will be sorted.
I agree. Originally it sounded like he bought the complete 1.5" lift - all 4 springs. What he purchased was the rear springs from a 1.5" lift, not 1.5" rear springs. Big difference. Sounds like he got what he ordered. Props to the vendor for fixing the OPs mistake.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

The order was for 1.5" springs, it did not say kit, front, or anything else. It has since been changed on the website. If you go on a website and the title is 1.5" rear springs, for 2015 JKUR and there are no other notes, not for a 2 door, part of a kit. They were advertised as 1.5" springs.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Which front springs are you running?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Synergy 2.5 to get rid of the factory rake, and clear 35s, the 1.5" in the rear was supposed to level it out. The factory rake is about 1.5" so by my guess and measurements, it would have lifted it about 1-1.5 over stock,

Quick Reply: Rock krawler false advertising