Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rock Krawler X-FactorMid Arm 3.5 System

Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler X-FactorMid Arm 3.5 System

I am going to receive my Rubicon in the coming weeks. I am considering install the Rock Krawler X-FactorMid Arm 3.5 System Lift. I am wanting to keep as much as possible the factory ride. Do not want stiff springs, this will be my daily driver.

If you have this lift, please comment on it

Thank you for your time.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

I have it and love it. Handles great on road, performs awesome off road. Be sure to get good shocks to keep the ride plush.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for your input
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac31
I have it and love it. Handles great on road, performs awesome off road. Be sure to get good shocks to keep the ride plush.
I would recommend king adjustable a for shocks it makes the ride so much more comfortable than stock
Old 04-16-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 2.5" one and I love it. Have regular fox shocks. Have ran bilsteins and those were fine also. Maybe check out the RK RRD shocks. Kings are nice but your going to spend as much on just shocks as the kit itself. Might as well go coilovers if spending that kind of money.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5 Max Travel with Bilstein 5100 shocks and it rides better than stock. I net over 3.5" of lift on my 2dr which make 33's look like golf balls. I went with 2.5 to minimize future costs.

The only thing I thought could have been better in the kit were the sway bar links, mine are damn noisy.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Canibeat
I have the 2.5 Max Travel with Bilstein 5100 shocks and it rides better than stock. I net over 3.5" of lift on my 2dr which make 33's look like golf balls. I went with 2.5 to minimize future costs. The only thing I thought could have been better in the kit were the sway bar links, mine are damn noisy.
Hmm. I love their links. Although the front were a pita to set the jam nuts and keep the joints straight with each other.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Hmm. I love their links. Although the front were a pita to set the jam nuts and keep the joints straight with each other.
Not sure how they are supposed to be but my rear link bushings are not flush with the sleeve that makes contact with the sway bar. As for the front I haven't had a issue with them except they move side to side and make noise like something is loose when I hit bumps. I don't think the noise is from having the quick release pin installed instead of the nut and not sure if I could make it go away so I just pretend I don't hear it.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Canibeat
Not sure how they are supposed to be but my rear link bushings are not flush with the sleeve that makes contact with the sway bar. As for the front I haven't had a issue with them except they move side to side and make noise like something is loose when I hit bumps. I don't think the noise is from having the quick release pin installed instead of the nut and not sure if I could make it go away so I just pretend I don't hear it.
Oh ok. My rear are the adjustable also. I have the quick release pins also in front. Haven't noticed any noise. I'll have to pay attention to see.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Oh ok. My rear are the adjustable also. I have the quick release pins also in front. Haven't noticed any noise. I'll have to pay attention to see.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0840.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	546362Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0838.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	546363

I think my front ones make noise because the links move... I just figured it was normal. You can see the rear have a small gap between the sway bar and the link. My rears are fixed length.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler X-FactorMid Arm 3.5 System