Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rocker and Lifter issue passanger side

Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker and Lifter issue passanger side

Here we go!!! 2014 JKU with 24k miles in the shop for the dreaded "ticking". Is this real life? Low miles no engine mods other than airaid intake. Anyone else with this problem? Was planning on keeping this rig but now it's up in the air. Never in all my years heard of a vehicle with 24k miles with major issues like this. Worried about longevity at this point. Any input appreciated.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump--
Old 03-31-2017, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2016 with 18K miles that has been in the shop for 5 days now because of a very noticeable ticking coming from the drivers side of the engine. They said they have replaced some lifters and rockers, but still hear some ticking noise that isn't normal. So they want to keep it longer to make sure it's completely fixed before I pick it up. I'm really discouraged at this point thinking about the issues I may have with this engine down the road.

Quick Reply: Rocker and Lifter issue passanger side