Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rolled My JK and need guidance on next steps...

Old 02-14-2015, 07:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it isn't your dd I would just leave it and put armor over everything and pretty much make it into a buggy. If not try the insurance if it bad they might pay it off and you might be able to buy it back
Old 02-14-2015, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened 5 months ago, maybe won't matter if turned in now. But, what do you have to lose ? If they don't cover it, you have good suggestions here. If covered, it will be repaired to new condition , choose body shop carefully.
In any case, get back on the " horse " and go riding .
Old 02-14-2015, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have the door fixed, see if they can pop out any of the other dents within reason and throw some corner armor on. Replace the windshield frame, hood and windshield bars and go from there. I doubt I insurance would be very helpful here because if they don't cover your aftermarket parts I doubt they will cover an off road accident. It is an expensive lesson to learn.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hang in there buddy!

Glad you're okay. I'd call them and see what they can do. Won't hurt to ask. And from the feedback from others, I'd say you'll be fine either way. Doesn't sound as bad as it seems.

You'll be okay dude hang in there, cheer up and keep Jeeping.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree its pretty minor. id fix what i could and still drive it. If they total it out, id see what i could buy it back for if it was worth it. My friends was totaled thru insurance but it was not a good enough deal to buy it back.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
If it isn't your dd I would just leave it and put armor over everything and pretty much make it into a buggy. If not try the insurance if it bad they might pay it off and you might be able to buy it back
It's all in what u want out of your jeep. U want it to look good, turn it into your insurance. If you don't care what it looks like, fix it. Could see what the insurance says, but that also depends on your deductible and driving history (claims on insurance).
Old 02-14-2015, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As it sits now, it looks like you have solved the "Catching Rocks in the Window" problem. Just get a helmet with a visor and you're good to go.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Turn it into your insurance. That's why you have it.

Long story short, I rolled a pickup truck on its side a few years ago on a trail in the middle of nowhere. It was drivable, so I finished out the trip with the side of the truck tore up.

The damage was covered under my collision coverage, and I paid an "accident premium" for a couple of years on the policy thereafter. Basically, the adjuster flagged me as being a risky driver for off-roading, but the total surcharge worked out to be about $200/year for 3 years. Definitely less than they paid out on the claim, which worked out to be over $5,000.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words... I was wondering does anyone here know of a good source for the windshield frame with trim? I can't seem to find a frame online that includes trim.. I swear i've read some where that its sold together but can't verify...

I'm also looking for header bars? At this point I don't even know if they are called header bars... every search I do on google keeps taking me to other products, like header bars for soft tops... Its the bar that connects the roll cage to the windshield frame..

Sorry for the slow responses, was away from the internet for a few days but i'm back now =).

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Rolled My JK and need guidance on next steps...