Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon question

Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon question

I have a 2011 Rubicon unlimited and it's stock. Does great off road and have done two Jeep Jamborees with no real problems. Question is should I really lift it all and go bigger tires? I've read that people say your Jeep is never the same after that.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jasonallanbarnett
I have a 2011 Rubicon unlimited and it's stock. Does great off road and have done two Jeep Jamborees with no real problems. Question is should I really lift it all and go bigger tires? I've read that people say your Jeep is never the same after that.
And they would be right, your jeep will never be the same. If you want the same than keep it stock. Depends on the lift and tires you get it the difference is good or bad. Do your research. If you are looking for more . Specify your question or do more searching. There are tons of great threads already out there.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Junkie

If you want to keep it close to stock, you can always get a 1.5" TF coil lift and run 33" tires. This combo will give you a balanced, but aggressive look that will do well on road as well as offroad...
Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personal preference really. If YOU like how it handles/looks than leave it that way.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rubicon question

Thanks guys. I have done lots of reading. Problem is like someone said, personal preference. Everyone has their own opinion on what's the best lift and how tall and so on. I love how the 4 doors look with lift and larger tires, they look mean. Mine looks like a toy, but it works. I know the guy here that runs the off-road, shop he recommended BDS 3 inch lift with 35s or 37s. I'm torn between all the mods for the Jeep or a new Harley.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Get the best of both worlds

Quick Reply: Rubicon question