Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged ridge XHD bumper

Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged ridge XHD bumper

I am installing a XHD modular bumper today and after removing the stock bumper I have discovered some sort of vacuum. canister/ pump that needs relocated. There is no mention in the installation instruction for this, where does it need to go. 2012 2dr Wrangler. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you order the bumper you need to specify the year, so you will get the vacuum pump relocation bracket. If it didn't come with one you can order one from places like EVO or Teraflex. Also, you will need to cut the old bracket off. Here is a link for more information:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » EVO MFG 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler Vacuum Pump Relocation Kit
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just put this bumper on my 2012 today. Used the orfab relocate kit. Pretty easy. But you do definitely have to cut off the bracket for the bumper to fit.
Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2382110044.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	411291
Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I luckily have a 2010 and didn't have to relocate, but there very easy to get from places like evo.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. Ordering the relocation bracket today. I purchased the bumper used so it came with no hardware at all nor directions but it is mounted and just needs the relocation bracket to be ready to go.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawgbite
Thanks guys. Ordering the relocation bracket today. I purchased the bumper used so it came with no hardware at all nor directions but it is mounted and just needs the relocation bracket to be ready to go.
Sweet! I love my XHD, very solid, ur gonna love it!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

I fabricated mounting points in place of the D rings so that I can mount a Roadmaster tow bar. Now I can tow behind our motor home or my Dura max. I'll post pictures later. Rugged Ridge read this thread and sent a PM offering to ship a relocation bracket at no charge. That is customer service above and beyond in my opinion. As this JK evolves, it will have a lot of Rugged Ridge parts on it. This is the type service that is almost non existant in today's world! Thank you Rugged Ridge!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

That's great to hear Dawg. Pretty much everything in my Jeep is either RR or Rough Country. They've been great to me. I don't know how many free bushings I've got from them.

Quick Reply: Rugged ridge XHD bumper