Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

??'s about SEMA Day 4 video comments

Old 11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??'s about SEMA Day 4 video comments

They said in the video that the 4.5 inch Rubicon Express long arm kit was approved by Jeep and Mopar and was getting a mopar part number or something to the affect. Does this mean that you will be able to buy the lift from jeep, and possibly have it put on by your dealership AND retain the lifetime powertrain warranty??? I would hate to pay the dealer to install a lift kit, but if it keeps the warranty good then I'de be for it.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty much what they're getting at. The RE 4.5" lift kit is the same kit that Mopar is talking about in this video:

http://project-jk.com/sema-2007/proj...ive-conference

It will be offered as an OE part, so the assumption is that it will be covered under warranty.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Default My Question is,...

When is this going to happen.

I have had reservations about paying for the mark-up with the dealer, but the warranty (assuming it will be honored! maybe my bad to assume this?) would probably pay for itself as the Jeep is used for its intended purposes, namely to HAVE FUN!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

What doojer said. As far as when it will be available, it is my understand that there is a part number for it now.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea if the RE long arm kit will have issues with the Shrockworks rock rails?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dealership knew nothing about this at all! They were annoyed with my 2 inch lift when I came in for the Brake module recall and I told them they were going to have a 4.5 inch long arm to deal with soon. They hadn't heard a thing about it. Really doesn't surprise me though.

Quick Reply: ??'s about SEMA Day 4 video comments