Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Salesman just P'Od me big time

Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salesman just P'Od me big time

After 2 and a half months of gleeful jeep ownership my salesman calls me today at work, and informs me that i agreed to pay $500 down, and they need the money by the end of the day. I specifically told him and the finance people i couldnt put $ down and sure enough on my contract it states that i owe 0.00 down payment and right below it is the $500 under the heading incentives and rebates. Now i paid sticker price for this Jeep bc i was convinced and still am that it was a fair price in this area. So i can not believe that after 2 and a half months he would consider calling me for the $500 to be the wise decision. As a matter of fact i signed 2 documents saying i owed $0.00, and he even handed me one of them! and went over it with me before handing me the keys!!!! My buddy who used to work in financing said that they had 7 days from the signing date to correct any issues such as this, and if they had caught it they would have had to have me sign to agree to the changes as well as notarize them. Anyone see a reason why i am wrong here? A reason why i shouldnt contact the general manager and chrysler to file a complaint?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I spent 7 years in slaes at a Mercedes Benz dealership.

If in the purchase agreement and on the contract that the dealership had you signed there is no indication of money down, you have no obligation to that whatsoever. If they did not collect all funds at the time of the delivery they cannot come back to you for this.

My guess is that the deal is short $500 because there was not a rebate or incentive on the vehicle and it just came back to the sales department from their bookkeepers for review and this is the result.

I would absolutely call the general manager of the dealership.

You are not responsible for this money. The dealer will fight you on this but you do not owe it. What will end up happening is that the deal will lose $500 of profit and the salesperson will be charged back the money. It will probably cost him $100.

If have have more questions about dealing with the dealership, please let me know. I sold for 5 years and was a sales manager for 2 years.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

By the way... what dealer is it? Post it here as one to avoid!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

It sounds like the salesman f-ed up and is trying to cover his ass. take it to the gm.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

I have no doubt that the salesman was told that he'd eat the $500 from his commission $$$, and is now trying to get you to front that cash... you entered into a legally binding contract in which you exchanged $$$ (or not) for your Jeep. You obviously satisfied your end of the deal, or they wouldn't have even handed you the keys... go tell this tool to make like a dog and lick balls... or, (and I like this one better ), tell him that when he's finished with his mother, he needs to go f--- himself.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see the tables turned for once. Just tell him that's what he gets for all the empty promises he's made to customers over the years that he's always forgotten about the second the papers were signed.

And then tell him to go F himself.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Or better yet, call the GM and tell him you gave the salesman $500 in cash for this good deal, and now he is calling trying to extort more money from you.

And then, like everybody said, tell the salesman to F-Off.....
Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skoalman
Or better yet, call the GM and tell him you gave the salesman $500 in cash for this good deal, and now he is calling trying to extort more money from you.

And then, like everybody said, tell the salesman to F-Off.....
Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

I would offer a very simple response: "My documents, which were signed by your organization two months ago, say otherwise. If you wish to discuss this matter further, I will be happy to provide my lawyer's contact information to you."
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
It sounds like the salesman f-ed up and is trying to cover his ass. take it to the gm.
X2.......... Don't give them anything. You have your Jeep and contract in hand, it has been financed and everything. Not jack sh't that can do about it. Like 08Unl said, they probably messed up the paper work and are trying to see if you'll be one of the dummies that say, OK and hand them the cash. They'll lose some profit on the deal, saleman will loose pay, too bad, they still made $2000 or so at sticker, so give em the finger and move on.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 11-02-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Salesman just P'Od me big time