Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

salvaged JKU

Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default salvaged JKU

Looking for a JKU, and wondering has anyone ever bought a salvaged JKU, any thoughts concerns in buying one this way, and would anyone buy a salvaged one if the airbags have been deployed but appears to have no frame damage.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really depends on what you are trying to do with it. If you are looking to turn it into a trail only vehicle then it could definitely be the way to go assuming the frame is straight. If you are looking to make it a daily driver then I would say don't do it. If it has a salvaged title and the airbags deployed then it obviously got popped pretty good. Chances are is that vehicle will never be the same and then factor in that insuring a salvaged vehicle is a pain. I wouldn't do it but if you are capable and know what your doing it can be done.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine runs his own body shop just fixed a totaled 09 2 door. It was hit in the pass side front corner,broke front axle bent frame and both airbags. He put a 44 in the front new adjustable control arms and lift. No need replacing bad stock parts. It turned out really nice and he has since added a ripps SC with cooler for more power. He plans to drive it now and use it for a trail rig later so he didn't care about the salvage title. For him with the skills and shop he got a low mileage JK rolling for 60% of the going used prices. He said the frame was really strong and took a lot of time on the frame machine to pull straight.

Quick Reply: salvaged JKU