Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Seattle JK mechanic

Old 05-26-2015, 10:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

North ridge is pretty expensive and they seem like the yuppie 4x4 outfit I'm looking for a more down to earth shop
expensive and yuppy... Two things I don't think I have ever been called. First for everything
Old 05-26-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

expensive and yuppy... Two things I don't think I have ever been called. First for everything
You dang yuppies and your awesome builds and quality
Old 05-28-2015, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want the problem diagnosed by professionals that live/breathe JK's, with a good shop facility, yeah, I'd take it to Northridge.

Death wobble is a safety issue, so it's worth taking it to a reputable shop to work it out.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Another vote for northridge. There are not that far a drive from Tacoma.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumperfender
Another vote for northridge. There are not that far a drive from Tacoma.
It's a much easier drive from Tacoma. From Seattle or the Eastside it's quite a hike (with or without ferry ride). That's my only complaint. I wish they'd open a Northridge EAST location.

Snoqualmie, North Bend? You know everyone and their Jeepin mothers would stop by, with all the runs that start in Seattle and head East on 90.

I digress. Back to death wobble.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I drive for 45 minutes, take a 30 minute ferry ride and then drive another 30 minutes to go see the expensive yuppies at Northridge4x4.

All kidding aside, they know JK's, they have the best inventory anywhere, they are very competitively priced....and yes, I do go through all of the above every time I visit them.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Boosted
I drive for 45 minutes, take a 30 minute ferry ride and then drive another 30 minutes to go see the expensive yuppies at Northridge4x4. All kidding aside, they know JK's, they have the best inventory anywhere, they are very competitively priced....and yes, I do go through all of the above every time I visit them.
Ditto with some different times. I really like the guys at Northridge. They do great work and are honest with you.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing your 3 year bumper to bumper warranty just expired.

Have you asked the dealer to look at it?

Seattle Jeep (shoreline) has done some warranty work on mine after the warranty expired.

If you don't want to drive that far the guys at Hegge Chevron on California Ave in West Seattle have been good to my Jeep.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe I'll look up shore line jeep
I was going to autonation in north Seattle
I started at lithia in Renton but when they switched to car pros they turned retarded
Started going to autonation but they have kinda wore me out
My warranty still has a few months left on it but I found out real fast that doesn't cover rear door seals
Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goomer214
Maybe I'll look up shore line jeep
I was going to autonation in north Seattle
I started at lithia in Renton but when they switched to car pros they turned retarded
Started going to autonation but they have kinda wore me out
My warranty still has a few months left on it but I found out real fast that doesn't cover rear door seals
You ever get your death wobble sorted? Also, if you still have a few months left on your factory warranty, the rear door seals should be covered. Don't let the dealer blow smoke up your arse.

Quick Reply: Seattle JK mechanic