Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"shakedown" run

Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default "shakedown" run

I'm going on my first trail ride this weekend after completing a number of small upgrades and was wondering if theres anything I should look for or if anyone foresees any problems that I may have. Heres my setup..

Basically stock suspension...replaced coils for higher # coils for a slight lift (1.5 front and rear), Rubi shock upgrade, JKS disconnects
Stock Moab wheels with 265 70 17s
Relocated SS with dominion bracket
Rock Slide Engineering rock ring diff guards

I guess what I'm worried about most is stretching brake lines while disconnected?? And, things making contact with things they shouldn't while disconnected??

Any thoughts?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just have someone keep an eye on your brake lines when you flex out disco'd first time. With 1.5", you shouldn't have to worry about that.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on what you have done I wouldn't worry about anything. That being said if you want disconnect it, flex it out and have someone watch to make sure your not going to overstretch your brake lines. Now go beat on that thing.

Quick Reply: "shakedown" run