Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shop specials and blow out installs....need input and thoughts on this idea!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shop specials and blow out installs....need input and thoughts on this idea!

So in process of getting a retail location and moving from the manufacturing side up north...we do prototyping and installs there but I'm wanting to stay more local and do the greasy hands and burnt arms thing again...
We will be advertising here along with various other sites and doing runs etc...so we are involved in the community already and will grow more into that as well...

So with this I was thinking about what's missing and what kinds of things can stimulate the economy and move money from advertising and put it back to savings for the customer....so I get good deals on stuff I take the savings direct to the customer add discount cost on the welding....

Do it for 1 week a month on a stellar deal with install and then have a select weekly special on a product. Ill be working with manufacturers to pass on the deals directly....or closeout etc......

So the website will have the deal on the front page with brief explanation and I'll work on the product deal as well...my thoughts is they will be limited to advertised time and periodically change...

So thoughts on this as well as product ideas etc....

My first install/product idea is on site
Sleeves and c-gussets installed with parts $399
Old 07-25-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like a heck of an idea to me. $400 for c gussets and sleeves parts/labor is one great deal. I could see you pulling a lot of us local guys for work. Also anytime you can pass great parts savings onto the consumer it is a good thing. So all and all I would say you are on the right track. The only issue I could see is figuring out a way to pass on great savings to the customer while still making enough money for yourself so you can stay open and continue the great deals. Best of luck to you
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the idea -

Can you move to the Winston-Salem, NC area?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is a horrible idea......because my wife is gonna kill me when you start getting more of my paycheck that she does, hahaha!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Former Member

Lol...yeah the idea is to be where I think I need to be with all the other stuff but throw down a special that helps everyone who wants too but its pricey...so it would change and it would benefit you guys and do a weekly special on good stuff that anyone can order that way they aren't excluded....

Wanted to get you guys feedback I already started this route but figured this is the group to get com,emts and suggestions from.....I can build anything, Fab anything, bolt on anything BUT I can't read your minds lol...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Sounds like a heck of an idea to me. $400 for c gussets and sleeves parts/labor is one great deal. I could see you pulling a lot of us local guys for work. Also anytime you can pass great parts savings onto the consumer it is a good thing. So all and all I would say you are on the right track. The only issue I could see is figuring out a way to pass on great savings to the customer while still making enough money for yourself so you can stay open and continue the great deals. Best of luck to you
Weekly specials are supposed to be that the regular stuff will still be at regular price labor will always be a bit lower....been tabbing 18 years on stuff and think that the prices are too high for stuff.....
When I can buy a bumper for a tj for a fraction of the price of a jk bumper there's a little room to move and safely stay afloat.....

This 1 week a month parts/labor special isn't gonna make me rich by any means but its giving back at the same time as there's so much more work this is just to get people started....

So plenty of room on the table to scrape a little fat .....I couldn't afford to do this all the time on everything but when I swing a special it will be just that....
Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very interested. Thumbs up. Would love a nice front and rear bumper that's simple and meets exactly what im looking for. Haven't found that yet. Need some metal wheel flares that are affordable and as sweet as the PSCs. I'm subscribed.

I feel your frustration on the pricing of tj bumpers etc when compared to the JK and in many cases the simplicity of those tj bumpers are exactly what I'm looking for. I'd definitely have some business to give you

Last edited by JK BRO; 07-25-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Damn I got excited when I read this and you were in CA, then I google mapped the miles to Oceanside. .....damn...
Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Fugg it
Damn I got excited when I read this and you were in CA, then I google mapped the miles to Oceanside. .....damn...
Yeah as long as California is miles can rack up easily...I still look to Los Angeles as close but its 70 miles....

Quick Reply: Shop specials and blow out installs....need input and thoughts on this idea!