Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks mid-width

Old 11-26-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks mid-width

I just got my shrockworks bumper on friday. I opened the box and pulled the bumper out. The front of the bumper had gouges and scratches all over the front of it. The skid plate was rubbing on the front of the bumper the whole way from houston. I was bummed, so I called shrockworks today and talked to Jim. At first he told me how I could fix it myself. I did not think it was my responsability and told him that. I was so serprised when he agreed with me, he did not argue at all. He proseeded to do the right thing and took care of me. I will definatly buy from shrockworks again. Thanks alot Jim
by the way they build an awsome product. I love the bumper!!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what did he do to take care of you?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Eracer76
So what did he do to take care of you?
He refunded me money for the powder coat. I felt that was fair
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFlex
He refunded me money for the powder coat. I felt that was fair
Good deal, thats good to know.

With all the shipping horror stories Ive read here, I think if I ever replace my Mopar bumpers for something different,
I'll just get them bare steel and have my local powder coater hook me up
Old 11-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good company will pack their stuff well. I got the mid-width from Shrockworks and the finish was perfect. The stuff they use for the packing is really annoying to get out, but really does a good job of keeping parts from each other. Someone just screwed up this time is all.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tgrt
A good company will pack their stuff well. I got the mid-width from Shrockworks and the finish was perfect. The stuff they use for the packing is really annoying to get out, but really does a good job of keeping parts from each other. Someone just screwed up this time is all.
Yeah I talked to the warehouse manager and he said this was likely caused by a new guy in the warehouse doing the packing. Our packaging usually survives all the hell that the shippers inflict on the boxes just fine. He got him squared away on the correct procedure.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks mid-width