Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Simple thing... Best tire gauge?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple thing... Best tire gauge?

A simple question, what kind of tire gauge is best for airing down & up? I havent had a "good" one in a while so thought I'd shop around for one that I hope will last a really long time.

What do you use, and what would you recommend (brand/model would be very helpful)?

Thanks!

-Robbie
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good question, it seems I can only find the $5-6 variety and the accuracy is really sketch.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really happy with ARB's quick deflate tire gauge. roughly $40. Fast and very accurate.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARB-E-Z-TIRE...a508ae&vxp=mtr

Last edited by k0260; 11-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by k0260
I'm really happy with ARB's quick deflate tire gauge. roughly $40. Fast and very accurate.
ARB E Z Tire Deflator Air Compressor Recovery Rock Crawler Off Road 4x4 | eBay
Hmm, looks pretty good. I've added it to my amazon wish list, lol. Thanks for the info!

-Robbie
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

The ARB air down tool is about the standard, basically you can find that exact one with Currie's logo, or any off road shop that wants to put their name on the back of the dial gauge. Good piece of equipment However, for airing up I use this (click link below) you can get it in digital or analog. I prefer the analog version like this one, but the digital is suppose to be more accurate. I don't have a power tank, but I do use it with my Warn PowerPlant winch for airing backing up (and bleeding out little amounts of air when I overfill) It locks on to the valve stem, so all you have to do is press the inflate button. The hose is long enough for you to stand upright while airing up. Worth every penny, however I don't remember paying nearly as much as it is now listed for.

Amazon.com: Power Tank TIG-8200 Heavy Duty Tire Inflator: Automotive

Last edited by GCM 2; 11-20-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Simple thing... Best tire gauge?