Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is it a sin to keep a Jeep stock?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

omg stock eww. Hissss
Old 02-08-2017, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't need a lift, leave it stock. But if you are planning on using it off road, do your research and buy a quality lift that will match or improve the stock ride. It's a personal choice, no need to invest in lift & tires to try to achieve a "look".
Old 02-08-2017, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the feedback

I appreciate all the positive and negative responses. This is my second Jeep. I'm thinking it will stay stock until I can afford a high quality 3 or 3.5 inch lift and some 35".

The he temptation is too much to resist. Especially after seeing all the great pics on this forum.

Has as anyone ever heard of Clayton lift kits?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default Lol

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
omg stock eww. Hissss
I know I know. My TJ was built pretty well. I also remember being broke when I owned it.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

To each, their own!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:20 AM
JK Freak

Default Stock

How do you keep it stock with that plastic front bumper? What about the useless tires that Sports and Saharas come with? Its a Wrangler....Just Empty Each Pocket!
Old 02-11-2017, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by saharaharry
How do you keep it stock with that plastic front bumper? What about the useless tires that Sports and Saharas come with? Its a Wrangler....Just Empty Each Pocket!
Personally, I liked the stock Bridgestone A/T tires my Sahara came with. They road nice on road and did fine carrying me through 2 foot deep of snow trails. The 1st time when it was time to replace the tires, I actually replaced them with the same Bridgestone tires. Since then, I lifted and went in a different direction.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saharaharry
It just depends on what you plan on doing with it. I just picked up a 2010 JKU Mountain stock. I like it stock and use it as a daily driver. The tires are all terrain and it shipped with all terrain tires. I think I could get better mileage with SRA's. I don't plan on wheeling it, that is what my 07 JKU Sahara is for. Why buy a jeep and not wheel it you ask. I like Jeep Wranglers. I wanted a Mountain since I wheeled with a guy who had one in 2011. That is what makes this country great, you can do what you want, as long as it is legal. It is not communism.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

No one ever leaves them stock. Even with no lift or tires there are endless other little things most folks do..

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 02-14-2017, 03:46 AM
JK Super Freak

A stock Jeep is still sweet. I totally planned to keep my latest JK stock but now less than a year later it's lifted, 35s, gears, bumpers, winch, lights, more. Your best bet for keeping it stock is to quit logging onto this site!

Quick Reply: Is it a sin to keep a Jeep stock?