Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Small clock spring recall coming

Old 05-19-2016, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually this is a sign your clock spring is bad.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. A this effective as of now if u were to call a dealership for replacement?
Old 05-19-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
and everything on my steering wheel works fine , including stereo buttons and functions . I dont need some one pulling things apart creating a issue that wasnt there before i brought it in. Can you opt out of the recall ?
Looks like you have a 2011 or newer, you shouldn't be affected unless you are right hand drive.....
Old 05-19-2016, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default oh ok

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Looks like you have a 2011 or newer, you shouldn't be affected unless you are right hand drive.....

So this recall wont be for a 2012 typical left hand driving wrangler?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So this recall wont be for a 2012 typical left hand driving wrangler?
You really should read the recall.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:32 AM
JK Junkie

Default ive read several different ones

Originally Posted by mr72
You really should read the recall.
They differ in information depending on the articles on the internet. which can be confusing . However it appears not to effect left sided wranglers i now take it. Only the vehicles steered from right i guess . Which seems odd . Also mentioning a clutch fix in manual 6 speed which i have.
If you had something helpful to contribute to answer my question that would have been decent, but you didnt.
Just wasted your ignorance? But No biggie

Last edited by jeepmojo; 05-20-2016 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They differ in information depending on the articles on the internet. which can be confusing . However it appears not to effect left sided wranglers i now take it. Only the vehicles steered from right i guess . Which seems odd . Also mentioning a clutch fix in manual 6 speed which i have.
If you had something helpful to contribute to answer my question that would have been decent, but you didnt.
Just wasted your ignorance? But No biggie
I didn't say read an article on the internet, I said read the RECALL. Which, if you had done it, or at least if you had read the actual press release from FCA on the topic, would have been helpful and you would not have continued to broadcast your misinformation on this forum.

The clutch fix, for example, is for Fiat 500s.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all I get from this is the recall covers only right hand drive or someone correct me cause I know there's always some dumb loophole

Last edited by JKBud; 05-20-2016 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Default well

Originally Posted by JKBud
After reading all I get from this is the recall covers only right hand drive or someone correct me cause I know there's always some dumb loophole

If your lucky mb72 might hava a so smart answer for you . ?

Because You could be seen as Broadcasting mis information all over this forum, by not catching all the information, after reading the full fca recall in detail and doing your research first

Last edited by jeepmojo; 05-20-2016 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your lucky mb72 might hava a so smart answer for you ! You could be seen as spreading mis information all over the forum, by not catching all the information, after reading the full fca recall in detail and doing your research first
Yea I'm not tryin to catch any flack for that haha it's just confusing when there's other info out there saying right hand drive. Plus I know how Chrysler is so I'm just a little shocked if they do in fact recall left hand models too. My clock spring went awhile ago and I want to figure out what the recall covers and get it fixed ASAP.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKBud
Yea I'm not tryin to catch any flack for that haha it's just confusing when there's other info out there saying right hand drive. Plus I know how Chrysler is so I'm just a little shocked if they do in fact recall left hand models too. My clock spring went awhile ago and I want to figure out what the recall covers and get it fixed ASAP.

I hear you on that lol that was my question pretty much in a nut shell too .
it seems odd they refer to right driven & not both . It dosent make much sense seeing they are manufactured the same id imagine right or left
but im guessing now they meant exactly what they quoted in the fca (right only)

Last edited by jeepmojo; 05-20-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Small clock spring recall coming