Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Smittybilt service

Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt service

Hey Guys,

Just wanna let you guys know about the lousy customer service and product supplied by Smittybilt.
I purchased a front and rear XRC bumper last year from Quadratec (without tire carrier).
Took months to get them, I'm in New Zealand and they were back ordered for ages - had to modify and drill to get them to fit but that's ok....

Now the problem. Recently browsing Smittybilts website and saw that I could purchase the tire carrier seperately, so I clicked the "buy now" button and was directed to Summit racings website. The description clearly states that the tire carrier is designed to be a "bolt on" install and is designed to fit XRC bumpers - sweet! I thought and paid my money!

The thing turns up and straight away I can see that there is no way this thing is gunna bolt on!
No drama I'm happy to do some drilling and or welding ( hell - we all know the no drill install for the bumpers is bull crap!)
Problem is according to the supplied parts list on the instructions, half the hardware is missing, no tire carrier bracket bit to bolt to the swing arm, and no brackets to make it work.

To cut a long story short, multiple phone calls and emails to Smitty's customer service - they don't wanna know, and now won't even reply to my emails!

Be warned - don't trust Smittybilt!

Quick Reply: Smittybilt service