Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Smittybilt XRC Gen II Front Bumper

Old 04-02-2015, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nbnverb
Hopefully the cutout for the fog lights are for 4" fog's . I have the XRC Mod. full. The full came with fog lights that are cheap(had to replace the h3 bulb because of the cheap housing). I know the reason why it came with fogs now. I went to purchase some upgraded fog lights and realized the cut out is for 3" (non-standard) lights.
Anyone know of an upgraded D.O.T fog light that is 3"? (Please reply if you know of one. (Smittybilt vendors...feel free to chime in.)). JW Speaker will not fit. LED KC's will not fit. (The list goes on).

I do like the look of the Gen.II. Great purchase!
I'm really liking the look of your new bumper runin!

Anyone know what bumper this is that he posted a pic of? From the pic I like the wider sharper look to it, but have to see more pics to make sure.
[Don't Mean to Hijack]

EDIT:
AND NOW I REALIZE ITS IN HIS SIGNATURE, HAHHAHA
Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShooterIndy
Can the skid plates be removed? Do you know what the purpose of them is? Do they look ok or do they make it look cheap?

Thanks!
They could be removed but would leave holes. I think they look good. Rather they were aluminum or something but you can't tell.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlueTikiFire
I'm really liking the look of your new bumper runin!

Anyone know what bumper this is that he posted a pic of? From the pic I like the wider sharper look to it, but have to see more pics to make sure.
[Don't Mean to Hijack]

EDIT:
AND NOW I REALIZE ITS IN HIS SIGNATURE, HAHHAHA

Thanks

Smittybilt XRC GEN II bumper.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by runin1320
They could be removed but would leave holes. I think they look good. Rather they were aluminum or something but you can't tell.
I really like this bumper because of the style and that it uses the stock fog lights. But don't care for the plastic on the bottom. I just ordered one and I'm going to try it without the plastic pieces. If the holes bother me I'll just weld them up and re-powder coat it.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

For you all that have this bumper do you think there is anyway to weld a 2" reviver hitch under the winch plate or anywhere underneath. I know a few good welder but needed to know what's under the winch plate. I'm using then hitch for my fishing rack and my baskets. Thanks in advance...
Old 04-13-2015, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FSAENZ
For you all that have this bumper do you think there is anyway to weld a 2" reviver hitch under the winch plate or anywhere underneath. I know a few good welder but needed to know what's under the winch plate. I'm using then hitch for my fishing rack and my baskets. Thanks in advance...
There is a gusset right in the center below the wench mount. You would have to cut into it or weld it under the bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	3114
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	606218   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	4839
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	606219  
Old 04-13-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Waynesoffroad
I really like this bumper because of the style and that it uses the stock fog lights. But don't care for the plastic on the bottom. I just ordered one and I'm going to try it without the plastic pieces. If the holes bother me I'll just weld them up and re-powder coat it.
Now that I have the bumper. The plastic looks a lot better in person then in pictures. I'm just going to leave it on.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Just got mine delivered today. $541 on amazon. Couldn't pass it up. Can anyone tell me if it just bolts up or is drilling required? Not a big deal either way, just factors into how much time to allow myself to do it...lol. Thanks!!
Old 05-27-2015, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

The instructions says drilling required but didn't have too. I have a 2011 JKU and it bolt right on. Post pics when done !
Old 05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lvallejox
The instructions says drilling required but didn't have too. I have a 2011 JKU and it bolt right on. Post pics when done !
Will do thanks!! Have a 2015 so guess I'll see if anything is different...

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Gen II Front Bumper