Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So you have a brand new, paper plated 2013 Sport 2 door... How would you build it?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So you have a brand new, paper plated 2013 Sport 2 door... How would you build it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0555.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	423309Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0554.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	423310

There she is. After 26 years, 21 years of formal education, a JD, a CA bar card... I decided to treat myself. I used the equity in my old F-150 on the down payment, got this for 2.5% below invoice, got 1.9% over 72 months, and now I have a bit less of a monthly payment than before. Needless to say, I am thrilled. I was the last man standing in a battle royal to get my current job, and I am insanely lucky to be employed while all of my classmates are still scrapping for legal work. I see this Jeep as a symbol of every obstacle I've overcome so far, and also for every obstacle yet to be overcome.

So, that's my background. Here's my question for all of you. I've been oogling the quadratec catalog for years now, always envisioning what I would want my Jeep to be. The best part of Jeeps are the community-- so I was hoping I could take advantage of the collective wisdom here to give me insight on how to properly build this thing up. Here is my wishlist so far--

• Tires= 33" KM2

• Wheels= Mickey Thompson Classic III Wheel in Black with 5x5 Bolt Pattern in 17x9 Size & 4.5" Backspacing

• Lift Kit= AEV 2.5”

• Bumper= OR fab front mid width center winch bumper

• Rock Rails= ACE fab ; Rubi Rails?

Now, I will be DDing this thing, and also doing moderate wheeling in the deserts and mountains of Southern CA. What do you guys think of this list so far? Anything you recommend doing differently? Thanks in advance!!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

i think that if you lift 2.5 you should go with 35" tires. there are so many people, myself included, that go with 33s and kick themselves as soon as they mount them for not going bigger, esp if you have a lift to support them. and i think the aev lift is a good choice, make sure to get the geometric brackets as well
Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

and if you get ACE sliders you should def get rubi rails, if for no other reason than to complete the look - it looks naked with the pinch seam exposed. just my 2c
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

and don't limit yourself to what quadratic has to offer - there are a bazillion good distributors - rebel, northridge, jeepaddons

that's all from me. good luck with your build
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Right off the bat I would get 19/60** coils and new rubicon shocks. The last thing you want is to brake something on your new jeep and the dealer not fix it. they would say your lift did this or did that. You also can get rubicon take offs for a good price. Then I would probably work on bumpers, sliders, winch, lighting ect.... You would be surprised how far your jeep can go with some decent tires and some skill.

After you get everything thing else the way you like it, I would start to save for a good lift, tires, gears, lockers, sleeve, gussets. By this time you will be around the jeep life and see enough jeeps to know how your going to build it

** the coils you can order from a mopar parts supplier and you can get up too 2 inches for less then a budget boost. If you could next time your near your jeep... Take a picture of your tag on the jeep coil.

Last edited by Tonka_yellow; 02-17-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
and if you get ACE sliders you should def get rubi rails, if for no other reason than to complete the look - it looks naked with the pinch seam exposed. just my 2c
I agree with this, after looking at the naked pics. The pinch seam is really unattractive.

Quick Reply: So you have a brand new, paper plated 2013 Sport 2 door... How would you build it?