Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft Top Care

Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Care

If this topic exists somewhere else please let me know, but i am wondering if there is an effective method to clean the jeep soft top and restore it in a sense...

My soft top is practically turning gray now and id love for it to be mainly black again if you have any mothods please let me know and perhaps show before an after pictures if you have them!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try Aerospace 303 cleaner and protectant and keep using it on a regular basis.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used few different cleaner and so far i have to say that i found the "bestop cleaner" worked really nice.. Just rinse the top with water, spray on the cleaner and use a soft bristle brush to work in the cleaner.. Rinse away the dirt and cleaner, leaving you with a restored top.. I maybe have to clean the top a couple of time over the summer. Best part of the cleaner is the minty smell..lol also the fact that after using it a few times it seems that cleaning the top gets easier. Oh and before i store my top for the winter i wipe it with the cleaner and that makes it good to go until next spring.
Good Luck
Augi
Old 10-28-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jshaw2175
If this topic exists somewhere else please let me know, but i am wondering if there is an effective method to clean the jeep soft top and restore it in a sense...

My soft top is practically turning gray now and id love for it to be mainly black again if you have any mothods please let me know and perhaps show before an after pictures if you have them!!!
wash your jeep on a reg basis and keep it out of the sun.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the top, I just spray it off with unless just unbearable dirty... Once a month I use soap and water and clean it really good and apply the 303 protectant. Also I change my softtop out in the winter.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks everyone! I'll try that besttop cleaner and some others...... Also keeping it out of the sun isn't much of a choice I live in an apartment and don't have a garage. :(

Quick Reply: Soft Top Care