Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft top leak

Old 03-22-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top leak

Ok guys I've had a rear window replaced on my soft top after it began leaking 2k miles after I bought it and then a few weeks later it still leaked and they replaced the top. Well now with the new top it's leaking worse. Water is pouring in on the CD player and all over the passenger door. The dealer ship is giving me the run around on doing the warranty work. Also I asked them to look at my clutch and the service manager stated "we'll it's probably got mud or sand in it so were not gonna warranty it". It should be noted that the jeep was spotless and had no signs of off road use. Secondly they didn't even look they assumed only because my jeep is slightly modified. I've complained of this issue twice now an the sound only started after they replaced my pressure plate. Anyone have any advice. Btw it's a 2011 sport 2dr soft top.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know if the tops are different from the 07's and 2011's but sounds like if it is leaking in front of the CD player they probably didnt latch in on right or the header bar is not sitting flush to the windshield which could also be making gaps and be making alot of noise. Never had a leak on my 07 in to the CD but it does leak from the rear window like you said. My guess the leak is where the zipper ends on the rear passenger side, sometimes the tension prevents from zipping it all the way down and it leaves an opening.

Quick Reply: Soft top leak