Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft top question

Old 03-09-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top question

On my two door jk I just put my soft top on to get ready for the spring here in nj and the side windows do not tuck flush with the door on the top; they stick out when I shut the door. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mpierro1221
On my two door jk I just put my soft top on to get ready for the spring here in nj and the side windows do not tuck flush with the door on the top; they stick out when I shut the door. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong
Are you talking about the part right behind the door that run vertical?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah that part
Old 03-09-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny how many people I found asking that question when I myself looked for the answer a few years back. I believe there is a write up somewhere or I you tubed it or something but basically its a technique. Obviously one nobody that ever rents a Jeep in Hawaii knows as those ones are always jacked up when we get one.
Any way, you start the window by zipping just about 2 inches at the top, then start the channel at the bottom about 2 inches. This sort of lines it up. Don't zip or fasten anymore than a couple of inches. Next, stretch the whole length forward (the vertical plastic piece) and sort of roll it into the channel it tucks up inside a groove. Once you see it you will have sort of a duh moment. If my explanation isn't good enough, I can try and find the pictures I saw. Once that is tucked in, zip the rest, then finish tucking the bottom part. You will become a master at it eventually as you will take these on and off all the time.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Soft top question