Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sold the rubi !

Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold the rubi !

Time for the jeep to go thank to everyone that helped me with my build over the past year you guys were very helpful . This is my new project ,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3664519795.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	456495  
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Butch
Time for the jeep to go thank to everyone that helped me with my build over the past year you guys were very helpful . This is my new project ,

Boooooooooo! good luck with your new ride.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice truck. When u get stuck hopefully there will be a jeep near by to help ; )
Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I admit I liked the jeep but it started ticking and the 3.6 makes me nervous I don't have time to deal with motor issues . So to respond to comet hope there's a jeep around to pull me out , hope its running
Old 05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You will be back.. Can't take the top and doors off a pickup. I know because I had a Colorado with a 6" Rancho suspension lift with 35's.

I have a 3.6L no problems at all. Unless you have a 2012 I would not worrie about the head issue.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

There has been many cases of ticking in the 2013s too so it's not just the '12s with the problem. But it's all covered under warranty so what's the big deal? New cylinder for free!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Farnham
There has been many cases of ticking in the 2013s too so it's not just the '12s with the problem. But it's all covered under warranty so what's the big deal? New cylinder for free!
Probably not enough miles on them yet...
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just My Old School Training How Can Plastic Be A Classic ?

The Pentastar 3.6 liter V6 engine

The Pentastar engines have an open deck design, the open deck makes manufacturing cheaper, at the cost of upper cylinder support, which in turn allows Block Harmonics, that high-pressure die cast aluminum design don't like, movement of aluminum no matter how small (equals fatigue).

Oil pressure and temperature sensors are on the oil filter housing assembly, which is mounted on top, between the heads; the oil cooler (a plate-style coolant to oil heat exchanger) is mounted to the oil filter housing. Three piston oil cooler jets are mounted to the engine block (each cools two pistons) and attached to the main oil gallery. Oil cooling is a necessity for the pentastar engine and Chrysler missed the mark by not understanding what the Jeep does when on the trail, it collects all sorts of debris, from dusty dirt to mud and what ever the engine compartment can collect, restricting or clogging the oil cooler and heads, creating heat build up ( heat build up equals fatigue )

The cylinder heads are made of aluminum, with unique left and right castings and integrated exhaust manifolds. The valves have pressed-in powdered metal guides, which are not serviceable. The integrated exhaust manifold doesn’t allow air cooling (external exhaust manifolds allows cooling by air flow cooling the manifold and head )

For me this doesn’t fit the Jeep application at all, unless your going to buy one every 4 to 6 years, which big business has lead this country into believing.

The Jeep owner mods the vehicle to their liking (at their expense) and who wants to do this every 4 or 6 years. Chrysler has missed the mark of understanding a jeepers personality, a Jeep is part of the their family something they don't trade in.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i really hope the issues with this engine are resolved , the open deck design is , in my mind , just crazy for higher hp applications . for honda civics maybe , but what do i know im not an engineer . the integrated head manifold design is another with heat transfer being inhibited . ill keep my 3.8 , rugged , simple and slow as hell. cannot understand putting a dohc vvt all aluminum engine in what is considered the premier off road vehicle . these things should be briggs and stratton simple
Old 05-22-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77
Just My Old School Training How Can Plastic Be A Classic ?

The Pentastar 3.6 liter V6 engine

The Pentastar engines have an open deck design, the open deck makes manufacturing cheaper, at the cost of upper cylinder support, which in turn allows Block Harmonics, that high-pressure die cast aluminum design don't like, movement of aluminum no matter how small (equals fatigue).

Oil pressure and temperature sensors are on the oil filter housing assembly, which is mounted on top, between the heads; the oil cooler (a plate-style coolant to oil heat exchanger) is mounted to the oil filter housing. Three piston oil cooler jets are mounted to the engine block (each cools two pistons) and attached to the main oil gallery. Oil cooling is a necessity for the pentastar engine and Chrysler missed the mark by not understanding what the Jeep does when on the trail, it collects all sorts of debris, from dusty dirt to mud and what ever the engine compartment can collect, restricting or clogging the oil cooler and heads, creating heat build up ( heat build up equals fatigue )

The cylinder heads are made of aluminum, with unique left and right castings and integrated exhaust manifolds. The valves have pressed-in powdered metal guides, which are not serviceable. The integrated exhaust manifold doesn’t allow air cooling (external exhaust manifolds allows cooling by air flow cooling the manifold and head )

For me this doesn’t fit the Jeep application at all, unless your going to buy one every 4 to 6 years, which big business has lead this country into believing.

The Jeep owner mods the vehicle to their liking (at their expense) and who wants to do this every 4 or 6 years. Chrysler has missed the mark of understanding a jeepers personality, a Jeep is part of the their family something they don't trade in.

To the OP... Best of luck see you back here one day

^^the statement on Jeeps are part of the family is so true and no other vehicle I have owned has ever shared this. I too will hand on to my 3.8 as long as I can and then some

Had no idea of this open deck design.... Cool more to read up on.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Sold the rubi !