Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Son of a!!!! First dent

Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Son of a!!!! First dent

Got out of the Jeep today at work and noticed a small dent on the left side of my hood. I almost lost it! Having owned it for 40 days now, I have accepted that the world does not like vehicles to be pristine -- regardless if it's a Porsche or an off-road vehicle.

On a lighter note -- had to park at the airport and left a few days for work. Came back and some fool parked and gave me about 9 inches of room to my door. Luckily with a lift and the rock sliders, my door was spared but his wasn't! Noticed a bit of powdercoat on the edge of his door!

In the end though...WHY ON THE HOOD?! A rock? A giant bird turd?! It's just mind boggling.

:Rant off:
Old 09-26-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol it will be the first of many
Old 09-26-2014, 08:09 AM
-

Was it more on the hood or around the lower cowl area?.. if the cowl area.. typical, retaining strap removed from the door, door open swings wide and bam.. Mirror hits the cowl/hood area..

Hah but we fooled the system before it would have happen.. soft doors, mirror relocated.. Thou our hood has a few small ripples due to a truck passing us on the highway.. ruffled the hood so much broke the footman loop.. thats been taken care of in more ways that one.. new footman loop and the Full bra has restricted the ruffling of the hood..

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 09-26-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

It's kind of near the drivers side hinge on top of the hood. It's barely noticeable but still irks me to no end. But you're right -- I'm sure it's just the beginning of many many more to come.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 AM
-

You don't want to be in my shoes, thats for sure.. Shopping cart down the passenger side door.. rear bumper dimple (was able to push that one out, may have to do a write about that) plus a few other nondescript issues I'd like not to repeat..
Old 09-26-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Mine happened within the first two weeks. One guy on here got his jku totaled on the way home from the dealer. Got t boned and rolled it.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Mine happened within the first two weeks. One guy on here got his jku totaled on the way home from the dealer. Got t boned and rolled it.
I'd be livid!!!! And greatful I survived lol

But still pissed my brand new jeep got totaled..

Sent from my iPhone 5s
Old 09-26-2014, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like the cowl. Did you remove the straps on your door?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
And that right there is why you get the loan gap insurance.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
And that right there is why you get the loan gap insurance.
Well.... The problem with the loan gap insurance is that you continue to pay for it for the life of the load, even after there is no longer a loan gap.

Quick Reply: Son of a!!!! First dent