Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spray liner on Hardtop

Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray liner on Hardtop

Anyone thought of spraying the hardtop with bedliner ie: linex ??? It would be really durable......
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

YUK
Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I would prefer that paint you put on your garage floor over something like Rhino Lining. What is the issue anyway. Its white, which reflects heat, easy to clean.
And besides stop staring up and look out the windshield to drive. If passengers are looking up then slap them and make them look out the window and enjoy the view!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and I just noticed that you have ordered a catback. How much that set you back. I went to a local (muffler) performance shop and paid $214 for a Magnaflow 14" catback. took them an hour to cut reshape the new pipe and install. STOKED!!!!! then turned around and got the wife's done.
Good Luck!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SBlair
I think I would prefer that paint you put on your garage floor over something like Rhino Lining. What is the issue anyway. Its white, which reflects heat, easy to clean.
And besides stop staring up and look out the windshield to drive. If passengers are looking up then slap them and make them look out the window and enjoy the view!!!!
Did he mean the inside, or the outside? I'm going to spray my outside, because it chips too easy. I've got some white showing on the rain gutter, and the bottom edge as well (from storage).

Also, the white only reflects heat from the inside. The outside is still dark which absorbs heat, heating the inside up. I'm not sure changing the color on the inside will do anything for temperature, at least color wise... the added thickness may add for insulation though... anyone with other thoughts?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking the outside, scince the paint scratches so easy.

Quick Reply: Spray liner on Hardtop