Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stock JK

Old 07-26-2014, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock JK

How many guys on here run a stock JK and are happy with it off road? Tell your reason why!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

well my jeep is still stock off the lot, but im happy with it that way because its a rubicon, so its already got dana 44s front and rear, 4:10 gears with a 73 to 1 ratio in 4 lo, and decent armor/skid plates and rock rails on it. if i had a stock sport, i would have basically built it into a rubicon anyway......
Old 07-29-2014, 04:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I would have got a Rubi to begin with, I would have saved a lot of cash.

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
well my jeep is still stock off the lot, but im happy with it that way because its a rubicon, so its already got dana 44s front and rear, 4:10 gears with a 73 to 1 ratio in 4 lo, and decent armor/skid plates and rock rails on it. if i had a stock sport, i would have basically built it into a rubicon anyway......
Old 07-29-2014, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

My JK is stock, and I drive on dirt roads, logging roads, and old, rutted snowmobile trails. I'm perfectly happy with it.
6spd, 3.21 gears, 17" wheels and soft top.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I DD my stock JK every day and have no real plans of moding. So far my JK has done everything I have needed it to do when dealing with snow and light trails. Both my wife and myself are short and I have a bad hip. So lifting is probably out of the question for this as long as it is my DD. One day I will get another Jeep and go have some real fun with.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran a stock '09 X (except for some Rubicon sized tires) for about 2 years. Very capable, great vehicle.

I love my new Jeep, but when I look back and think hard about if I really should have traded up and done a bunch of mods, I do see the value (empirical and subjective), but I also could have been happy with that other Jeep for a long time. I find that my current Jeep's capability goes far beyond where I feel comfortable taking it.

So, I could have saved myself money by staying put, and to this day I'll never bash or think less of a stock Jeep. They're great right out of the box.

Quick Reply: Stock JK