Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stock now it wont start

Old 09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock now it wont start

Hey everybody, I had my jk stock on a pod for 2 hr and now it doesn't start, the starter sounds but it doesn't engage, what can be wrong??
Old 09-05-2013, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by advrider
Hey everybody, I had my jk stock on a pod for 2 hr and now it doesn't start, the starter sounds but it doesn't engage, what can be wrong??

battry i guess
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 AM
Former Member

Shut down all electrical including closing the doors so the dome lights are off and make sure hvac fan and radio are off. Place shifter into neutral. Turn key to start. Any difference?

Reason I ask is because my neutral safety switch is starting to fail and when you hear the starter click but the engine won't turn over it sure appears to be a battery/wiring issue.

I have an auto and sometimes have to go to neutral and make the jeep roll a bit before putting back into park. Then it turns over perfectly........had a mechanic look at it and guess what.....can't duplicate......

Quick Reply: Stock now it wont start