Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stripped Down Rubicon?

Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped Down Rubicon?

Hey guys,

Every since I traded my 2013 JKUR in (by necessity) I have been missing it. :( There is no way I can justify a $40k price tag right now and really no point in me looking at all for a few months...

...but I stumbled across something in another thread while researching 2014 colors that piqued my interest. I saw that someone mentioned you can order a brand new Rubicon stripped - manual windows, no sound system, etc.

Does anyone have any more details on this? I'd be interested in what the pricing looks like to get a stripped JKUR with AC and a hard top. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow thats quite the list of Jeeps you have had in the past.... I know exactly how you feel.. ONce you have Jeep fever you can never get rid of it..

Even a stripped down Rubi with no AC, manual trans, no power locks or windows, and Just a soft top.. thats 0000000 all the way down the invoice list of options its still 34K for a bare bones JKUR.

I know I would never buy a Jeep without AC so if you add that its another 1500 so now its up to $35,500.

Good luck with your purchase whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Wow thats quite the list of Jeeps you have had in the past.... I know exactly how you feel.. ONce you have Jeep fever you can never get rid of it..

Even a stripped down Rubi with no AC, manual trans, no power locks or windows, and Just a soft top.. thats 0000000 all the way down the invoice list of options its still 34K for a bare bones JKUR.

I know I would never buy a Jeep without AC so if you add that its another 1500 so now its up to $35,500.

Good luck with your purchase whatever you decide to do.
That's expensive since I can get one with color matched top and fenders, navi heated seats auto ac remote start etc etc etc for 36,400. I got my fully loaded sahara for 34 and yes I'm talking unlimiteds. Only reason I didn't go with rubi it cause some dipsh*t saleman didn't call me back with numbers and other one did on sahara.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Wow thats quite the list of Jeeps you have had in the past....
True that, man. I should have never got rid of my 2008. It made a slight chirping at the stick (manual trans) and jumped out of reverse a few times, but other than that I loved the shit out if. I traded it in for a like for like 2011 for a lower payment and warranty (thought I was getting a deal). It was a lemon. :(

So, I got pissed at Jeep and got a 2011 F150 with EcoBoost. Turns out the first run of the EcoBoost trucks had massive transmission problems. Lemon #2. So, I went back to a Jeep - this time a 2012 JKUR... wouldn't you know it - freaking Pentastar engine problems. D:

Chrysler actually swapped my 2012 for my 2013 Billet JKUR (the first auto Jeep I had owned) and I had virtually no issues with it. We had just bought a new awesome house (with a 3 car garage!) and just had a baby about a month after... turns out there were issues that kept my wife going back to work. Cost us ~$70k per year in income. I had to get rid of the JKUR as it really wasn't needed and the payments were sort of high (even though I had a badass interest rate).

I'm now driving a 2013 F150 STX with 5.0L V8 which drives awesome and really has no issues (less than half the payment @ $250 per month)... I just miss the hell out of my JKUR. :( I wish I would have never gotten rid of it... but sadly, there was no other option.

I'm doing lots of contract work right now that is netting me about $1k-$5k per job (a few jobs a month) depending... so I'm thinking about stowing away that cash to throw at another JKUR when the time is right. I know now that I need a Wrangler in my life to be happy with what I'm driving. It's only been like... 4 months... and I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, sorry for the long story. Just figured I'd fill you in on why so many past Jeeps. It's been a ride. You can read more about the other shit I've gone through with the 2011 and the 2012 if you look at my past posts/threads.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not get a stripped sport for low 20K's? I've got about $27,500 total into mine including 35's, 15" wheels, 2.5" BB, truss, gussets and 4:1 rubicon transfercase.. So far. Just a thought

Last edited by kh202; 08-25-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

I got a 2dr rubi striped with soft top but with the Alpine system for 28,500 so I figure 32,000 to 33,000 for a JKUR with hard top can be found
Old 08-25-2013, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kh202
Why not get a stripped sport for low 20K's? I've got about $27,500 total into mine including 35's, 15" wheels, 2.5" BB, truss, gussets and 4:1 rubicon transfercase.. So far. Just a thought
I'm not a fan of heavily modifying a brand new vehicle. As you can see from my track record, I have really terrible luck with new Jeeps haha.

A stock Rubicon has everything I need for any wheeling I plan on doing. If I could justify how stupid expensive used Jeeps are I would go that route... but all the pricing I have seen shows me that a new one is the way to go, in my opinion. 0 miles, full warranty, and peace of mind is well worth the couple thousand price difference from a used JK - in my opinion, of course.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
I got a 2dr rubi striped with soft top but with the Alpine system for 28,500 so I figure 32,000 to 33,000 for a JKUR with hard top can be found
How did you go about ordering one like this? Did you have to go through a fleet dealer or something? I can't find pricing info anywhere. I wonder if Tread Lightly would still apply.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default bought mine stripped too 2 door rubicon 2012 ordered

I paid 30 with tinted windows and engine block heater I might have paid more than the other guy who paid 28 grand but I traded my 11 sport with 10,000 miles on it they gave me just over 21 for it but I paid 23, 700 for the sport so a slight loss there but the 12 sport was selling for 22,450 so try and sell it outright on your own or get more out of the dealer than 21 wast going to happen some one would have said why pay you 22 for a used sport when I can buy new one no miles . so I just bought it well ordered it. im over all happy with it and lets face it some times we have to take the hit loose a little . my guess is 32,000 for jku stripped ac is standard in a rubicon so extra would be hard top I prefer soft top so anyway I got what I wanted , yeh slight prob with tranny and tick but no code yet and realy dosent sound bad so it may never throw a code who knows I have warrenty so im good best wishes finding a jeep
Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

I just bought my JKU Rubi 6spd that was turned into Chrysler as a lemon because of acceleration problems. Chrysler fixed the wiring harness and I bought a fully loaded JKU rubi that stickered for $39,000 for $32,000 with 3,000 miles on it and full warranty. Greatest deal I have ever come across.

Quick Reply: Stripped Down Rubicon?