Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tailgate table

Old 07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Genius!

Originally Posted by Four Low
I made my Tailgate Table from a Stainless Steel grill door ; these grills show up free by the side of the road, or at Transfer Stations ( dumps) . The support chains are from old shop lights ; the hinges , from tthe "Use it Someday" box. A piece of Velcro, and a footman loop complete it.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Genius, just "Frugal" , like to use what I have, to get what I want .
Old 07-06-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a note for those who are more adverse to drilling into their tailgate. You can remove the tire carrier and access the lower vent. I was able to attach a SS Piano hinge in the bottom vent slit using a bunch of Stainless bolts, washers and screws. It's extremely solid! I did drill some holes for verticals, but didn't have to drill near as many with this technique. Photo to follow.

It's still a work in progress, I was eventually able to get screws/washers/nuts in all but 2 of the piano hinge holes. Back Splash is fitted, Stain is drying on the table and I need to install the Stainless support cables. I'll be using a neodymium magnet to keep it closed. With all SS and Aluminum hardware I've got about $90 in the table.

Last edited by JCDriller; 07-06-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Tailgate table