Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TAlk me out of 2016 2 door...

Old 01-16-2017, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a YJ and my wife had a JKUR. Then I bought a JKR and sold the YJ. My wife got rid of the JKUR and bought a GC. I love my 2 door and she loves her GC much more than her JKUR. I never liked the JKUR.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something to consider, I just got home from the dealer trying to get a new '17 and they didn't want to give me anything for my pretty loaded JKR... Looks like I'll be keeping it for a while longer. When I traded in my JKU I got close to what I paid for the thing...
Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Nobody should be talking you out of a 2 door....they're pretty awesome as a toy for you but not really practical for much else.

I've had my 2dr for 6 years now and put a ton of miles on it. I don't foresee that mileage slowing down any, even into the future. I saw my dad keep his 1985 Bronco for 30 years so I'm hoping to do something similar with this jeep.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Default 2 to 4 door

Originally Posted by d. gage
Something to consider, I just got home from the dealer trying to get a new '17 and they didn't want to give me anything for my pretty loaded JKR... Looks like I'll be keeping it for a while longer. When I traded in my JKU I got close to what I paid for the thing...
Doing the trade in thing tomorrow. Feeling pretty upset right now. My 15 2dr. all black Freedom Ed. for a 4 door Sport S in Billiet Silver which I think I already hate. ( I think) Switching over my black wheels and my metal bumper should make me feel better, I hope. Actually will be going from two Jeeps to one. Hence, the four door. Not all comfortable with trade allowance, but finances are forcing us to do this. Feel like sh-t! Had to let you know.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to really have to weigh out the pros and cons for your needs. I looked at a 4 dr when I was in the search and they do ride a bit better but I bought a 13' 2dr JK (6spd; 3:73's) as my DD and love it. Although there are times more room would be handy I just didn't want that additional length, weight, cost at purchase and for the times I need to haul something bigger a small trailer does the trick. The ride is pretty dam good but if you want to improve it a bit more put a on spring leveling. I just did my daughters JK and it rides much better and gets rid of the harsh spring rebound on larger bumps and will be doing mine soon.
Bottom line is if a 2dr works for you buy it.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Doing the trade in thing tomorrow. Feeling pretty upset right now. My 15 2dr. all black Freedom Ed. for a 4 door Sport S in Billiet Silver which I think I already hate. ( I think) Switching over my black wheels and my metal bumper should make me feel better, I hope. Actually will be going from two Jeeps to one. Hence, the four door. Not all comfortable with trade allowance, but finances are forcing us to do this. Feel like sh-t! Had to let you know.
Sorry buddy. Billet silver is a sharp color though. Once you get settled into the new one it'll grow on you (hopefully)
Old 01-17-2017, 02:55 AM
JK Freak

Default Numbers

Originally Posted by d. gage
Sorry buddy. Billet silver is a sharp color though. Once you get settled into the new one it'll grow on you (hopefully)
Not trying to be prying, but what kind of $$$ they offering you for yours? And what do you feel it's worth on a trade?
Old 01-17-2017, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not trying to be prying, but what kind of $$$ they offering you for yours? And what do you feel it's worth on a trade?
15 Baja yellow JKR automatic
29,2xx
Dual top, remote start, alpine speakers, power/connectivity etc

$26,100
Old 01-17-2017, 04:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Never ever do a deal that you are not feeling good about. take a week to think about it. If it does not feel right now it will really feel wrong ever after. Stop regroup.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plenty of used Jeeps out there. Get what you want. No compromise. No regrets.

Quick Reply: TAlk me out of 2016 2 door...