Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TAlk me out of 2016 2 door...

Old 01-17-2017, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal

Originally Posted by d. gage
15 Baja yellow JKR automatic
29,2xx
Dual top, remote start, alpine speakers, power/connectivity etc

$26,100
Did the deal, arrived at the dealer 11AM. Drove out at 3PM. What a nitemare! But its over now, parked in the garage. Started to put some of the stuff from the 15 on it. Made me feel GOOD! All the dealers around here beat on the 2 doors as far as trade value goes. They treat them as though they are distressed merchandise. Real AS HOLES they are. The 2 doors still sell pretty fast if its a nice one. Wait towards the end of the month and try again to trade it. I actually did my deal end of Dec. At this point in time, they did not want to honor it. But I had a signed buyers order. Good luck with your hunting. Let me know how you do.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Did the deal, arrived at the dealer 11AM. Drove out at 3PM. What a nitemare! But its over now, parked in the garage. Started to put some of the stuff from the 15 on it. Made me feel GOOD! All the dealers around here beat on the 2 doors as far as trade value goes. They treat them as though they are distressed merchandise. Real AS HOLES they are. The 2 doors still sell pretty fast if its a nice one. Wait towards the end of the month and try again to trade it. I actually did my deal end of Dec. At this point in time, they did not want to honor it. But I had a signed buyers order. Good luck with your hunting. Let me know how you do.
Will do, was supposed to head over today but I didn't feel well. Looking at a Tank black bear edition that has some nice features. I'm not crazy about losing my lockers and 4.10s, but 3.73 and the limited slip will be fine along with a winch. Hopefully I'll make my way over to the dealer on Thursday.

Let's see a pic of the new girl

Last edited by d. gage; 01-17-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:15 AM
JK Freak

Default New One

Originally Posted by d. gage
Will do, was supposed to head over today but I didn't feel well. Looking at a Tank black bear edition that has some nice features. I'm not crazy about losing my lockers and 4.10s, but 3.73 and the limited slip will be fine along with a winch. Hopefully I'll make my way over to the dealer on Thursday.

Let's see a pic of the new girl
Good luck on your visit. Its always terrible going from one to the other when the other one has less goodies. It's a head thing. I'm old without tech knowledge. It will be a bit of doing to get some pictures posted, but will try. Its a new day today, now that yesterday is behind us, we feel somewhat better today. Good luck, let me know...
Old 01-18-2017, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck on your visit. Its always terrible going from one to the other when the other one has less goodies. It's a head thing. I'm old without tech knowledge. It will be a bit of doing to get some pictures posted, but will try. Its a new day today, now that yesterday is behind us, we feel somewhat better today. Good luck, let me know...
Glad you're feeling better about it, nothing worse than buyers remorse.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:26 AM
JK Newbie

You should get what you want! I'm in a different boat. Bought a 2 door Freedom Edition last Feb. 3:73 gears,auto trans. etc. NOW, ready to trade for a 4 door. Need more room and a little better ride. They all hold their value, but I think the dealer is still trying to steal it. That's what is holding me up for the moment. With the 2 of us and the dogs, I should have gotten the 4 door to begin with, but I wanted to be different this time. Four doors are everywhere and with a 2 door, you don't really see yourself coming and going.

This!!!!!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

After long discussions with my wife about a new JKU, we've decided to keep our JK. It's just that much more fun and cooler (imho)
Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Default Keeper

Good to hear. Have had the 4 door a week now. Just finished putting it together in my garage. Drove it yesterday for a while getting adjusted. still miss my little black 2 door! Have fun!

Quick Reply: TAlk me out of 2016 2 door...