Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex 3" or 4" lift

Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 3" or 4" lift

Looking into a new lift. Going TeraFlex without a doubt. Just one thing to consider. I have an old 3.5 full traction lift and I love the height it sits. Not looking to losing anything with a new lift. So my question is 3" or 4"? I've heard that the 4" sits high but I've got a Rock Hard rear bumper with tire carrier with a 35" on it. Also a crap ass smittybilt front bumper. Any suggestions or info specifically from people running TeraFlex lift would be greatly appricated greatly
Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
Looking into a new lift. Going TeraFlex without a doubt. Just one thing to consider. I have an old 3.5 full traction lift and I love the height it sits. Not looking to losing anything with a new lift. So my question is 3" or 4"? I've heard that the 4" sits high but I've got a Rock Hard rear bumper with tire carrier with a 35" on it. Also a crap ass smittybilt front bumper. Any suggestions or info specifically from people running TeraFlex lift would be greatly appricated greatly
Thanks for choosing TeraFlex! I'm running a 4" kit with 37's with bumpers/winch/spare on it. I would suggest the 3" kit with 1/2" coil spacers for your setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUSrjamaJE
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Thanks for choosing TeraFlex! I'm running a 4" kit with 37's with bumpers/winch/spare on it. I would suggest the 3" kit with 1/2" coil spacers for your setup.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUSrjamaJE
I'm planning on going 37's before summer. Still think 3" will be ok? Plus didn't want to have to purchase spacers.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
I'm planning on going 37's before summer. Still think 3" will be ok? Plus didn't want to have to purchase spacers.
You can add a 1" bodylift for extra clearance or run extra bumpstops.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

You should just do a 4" body lift Instead of the coil lift. You can make some really nice body lift spacers using "cardboard". JK

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3" or 4" lift