Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex+made in China = :(

Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Teraflex+made in China = :(

I should have done more thorough research when looking for a lift. I am disappointed to hear teraflex product is made in China. Not that I've had any issues with the product, thus far anyway. I just prefer keeping my money here in America if I can.
The following users liked this post:
Blueknight7777 (09-04-2023)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Teraflex is designed by and sold by Americans, as is a lot of things. If you haven't had any issues, then what's the problem. They stand behind their product.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's deeper than that. I'm not necessarily disappointed with how the product performs. Yes, I do believe it could be made with better quality by american hands. I guess it's more political for me. Outsourcing to other countries is something I just don't agree with.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We live in a global economy, there is no getting around that. Teraflex employees Americans and makes a darn good product for the record.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast these days. Between taxes, insurance, etc, it just becomes too expensive to keep everything in the US for a lot of companies. TeraFlex is a great company with great products; I'll continue to buy from them and recommend them
Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The made in America thing is interesting, a thing I recently read about here (in Canada) is that Chinese manufacturer's are docking in Canadian waters off the coast of Vancouver. When docked they produce the products on board the fully equipped ship, thus allowing the business to slap a made in Canada sticker on it. If it's happening here it likely is happening in the US.

It's far too expensive to make anything in North America due mainly to cost of labour. Especially when we can just as easily turn a blind eye when we buy things made or supported through oppressive regimes.
I'm sure you've all seen "assembled in the USA" type of labels, how do u think that happens?
And is there really someone in some agency somewhere that is policing manufacturer's and assemblers to ensure no one abuses the "made in the usa" label? If there is i'm sure they can be paid off lol

Bottom line is no one gives a sh$t, u can only pretend to give a sh$t by buying products with that label.
It's just like "organic" bullshi$t, unless you're the one doing it there is no way to know for sure if it is or not.
Just for fun, take a look around your home and imagine how much it would have cost without China.

There definitely are businesses who make it their goal to exclude China and I applaud their efforts and pay whatever they ask. They're hard to find, few and far in between. You literally would have to research everything u buy and follow it back to its source to be sure. But who has time for that?

Support local artists, craftsmen/women, farmers , producers and buy directly from them, expect to pay way more than you're used to. Once u start doing that, then you'll understand why China is a necessity to the way of your life and the American way.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its fine to have products made in China and sold in the USA as long as China also buys products from the USA. Unfortunately, we buy around $40 billion more a month from them than they buy from us.

As far as quality goes, China can build very good stuff or just crap. Its up to the American company bringing in the goods to specify the quality.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like jeep parts like factory wheels r made in china like they said the way of the beasts
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you were to sit down and take a look around at all the stuff you have I bet you would be shocked at where it was made. Anymore you can't get around it. Go to a big retailer or home improvement store. I purchased a leveling kit from them have not installed, have heard good reviews and will install it on my Jeep.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant really complain when you live in a country that is capitalistic, every us company wants to increase profits and decrease costs, if that means making products overseas most will do it. The whole economy revolves around increasing profits at all costs so this is what you are left with..

Quick Reply: Teraflex+made in China = :(