Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Texas Jeep Club Pulls Motorists and Truckers to Safety

Old 02-24-2015, 03:57 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Jeep Club Pulls Motorists and Truckers to Safety

If we held an annual awards ceremony for those who depict the true spirit of Jeep, these members of the Chisholm Trail Jeep Club would be at the top of our list of nominees for 2015.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 02-24-2015, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Way to go Chisholm Jeep Club! This shows the 4x4 spirit so much better than "Alaska Offroad Warriors"!
Old 02-24-2015, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes, we at texas are great.. thank you, thank you, thank you. Oh wait, I am not a member of that club. Nevermind

All kidding aside, I was watching that thinking, I wish my jeep was working. I like doing that. Its fun helping others. But you have to be careful. Every time I help someone, I always tell them that I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart and while I don't ask for payment, I also am not liable. Only one person in all my helpings chose to push back. So I moved on to the next car.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

I used to pull out anyone and everyone that needed help. Then I started noticing more and more ungrateful people who were just doing dumb shit and got stuck. I helped pull out a fellow Jeeper that I happened upon last weekend up on Tray Mountain. He was with his girlfriend and was trying something stupid and ended up sliding down off the trail into the woods. He ripped off both mirrors and busted his passenger window out. His Quadra-Junk winch had quit working on him as well. He had been there about three hours when I showed up. Another Jeep showed up five minutes before me and was trying to winch him out, but with four almost bald tires he wasn't getting anywhere on the snow and ice. I ran out my winch line and gave a pull and got him out. As I was standing there spooling my line back in, the Jeep that I pulled out, with his cold and very annoyed girlfriend just drove off. Not a thank you, not a wave, nothing. Karma's a fickle bitch. He'll get stuck again, and next time he can pay several hundred dollars to a wrecker company to come five miles deep in the woods to recover him. If I see him stuck, I'll just drive right on by like he isn't even there.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It sucks when people are ungrateful like that. I don't blame you for not stopping again to help him if you ever see him again, I'd do the same thing.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Way to go Chisholm Jeep Club! This shows the 4x4 spirit so much better than "Alaska Offroad Warriors"!
Are you talking about those Alaska non Tread Lightly morons that like to bounce their melons on the A pillar because seat belts are for woosies? Just the commercial for that show has convinced me to never watch it.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

lol... no, this is all about texas. Get Alaska out of your head... or maybe that is a roll bar I am seeing.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Are you talking about those Alaska non Tread Lightly morons that like to bounce their melons on the A pillar because seat belts are for woosies? Just the commercial for that show has convinced me to never watch it.
That's the one. It was full of idiots.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
lol... no, this is all about texas. Get Alaska out of your head... or maybe that is a roll bar I am seeing.
Wasn't sure if it was pictures from Texas or a missionary expedition to rescue folks in places that have doors and roofs on during the winter Gotta love this global warming sh-t
Old 03-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
That's the one. It was full of idiots.
Where the men are manly and the sheep live in fear

Quick Reply: Texas Jeep Club Pulls Motorists and Truckers to Safety