Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Think you are anal about your Jeep? Post How Here!

Old 01-24-2015, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Think you are anal about your Jeep? Post How Here!

Alright, this is going to make some of us feel a little more normal and a whole lot better. (It might make a few of us actually feel worse, too! )

We're all at least to some degree obsessed with our Jeeps to the point of being anal about little things. This thread is going to be a form of therapy to get it off your chest and to see that at least around here, most of us are actually pretty normal, at least relative to the company we keep on the forum.

Many of us will probably have multiple posts, as we, or our significant others, think of, or point out, ways we dote over our beloved Jeeps. It's ok to share, just think of it like a group therapy question, except that we will make absolutely NO APOLOGIES for our strange behavior. That's because....you guessed it...IT IS A JEEP THING!

Here's a couple of mine, and there are more coming, I'm sure.

I run what I believe to be the best synthetic oils and lubes in my Jeep, and for the most part, I change them too often. (Even the cheapest Wal Mart oils/lubes are pretty darned good. I do it because she's my baby!)

I painted over surface rust on my rear shocks and muffler, because I couldn't stand seeing it when I walked up my driveway.

When my wife and I meet somewhere having driven different vehicles, I'll often let her drive the Jeep home so that I can stare at the Jeep going down the road. I'll pass her and such, just to get different angles. (I then get a little excited when we get home, because the Jeep makes her look even hotter! Weird? Yes. Do I give a shit what you think? Hell no! Consequently, I have 9 children. I know the JK is an 08, but there was an old YJ involved that was here before my first born!)

When getting ready to mow the lawn, I often move my Jeep so that I can stare at it as I mow. Then, on occasion, I'll realize I just washed it and I'll move it back to the garage so that I don't blow a thin layer of dust and debris on it! I then bought a California Duster so I wouldn't have to do that!

After off-roading, I'll spend hours cleaning every nook and cranny of mud/dirt. (Ok, I thought I'd leave it on a mild note with that one, as it is a good maintenance practice. Still anal, but good practice for longevity.)

More to come, but I'm ready to see what others do. (I won't be drinking anything while reading this, for fear of blowing it over the keyboard when laughing!)

Maybe we should later vote on who wins the prize for the most incredible act of analism toward their Jeep.

By the way, this thread was inspired by boon4376, who actually thought he was anal because he worried about his dealer using red RTV instead of black to seal his diffs after fixing axle seals. I told him he wasn't even close. (Of course I lied to make him feel better!)

Last edited by dmwil; 01-24-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
...After off-roading, I'll spend hours cleaning every nook and cranny of mud/dirt...
I do exactly the same. I look at it as there is to much $ into my jeep to leave it muddy for weeks. I love taking my jeep down tough f***ed up trails but, I still like to keep her clean.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol. I love off-roading but I also love keeping her clean. I have a tough time deciding whether to take her trail riding for fear of mucking up all my hard work of cleaning her. This is a huge part of my analism.

Additionally I also like watching my wife drive the Jeep so I can see it rolling down the street. It's definitely hot.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything involving the build. Wiring, fabrication, welding. They all bother me if anything is not done right. The 2 times I have taken it to a shop to get work done, I still wasnt happy with the level of work and had to finish what wasnt completed corretly. I am no professional, but I want the work on my rig to be of professional quality or better. Some consider that anal, I think of it as doing the job right
Old 01-24-2015, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe not anal but most likely to be considered strange behavior for the Jeep I love........

I collect parts for mods and will let them sit in the garage for months at a time because I enjoy the anticipation of knowing I have stuff to do to her.

Right now I have a set of Trucklites, a Teraflex big rotor kit, a Fox ATS ,a Cobra 29 and all accessories, and still haven't hooked up my front Rigid Industries light bar or my Inspired Engineering back up lights.

The anal part is that they are neatly stacked in the garage and I will literally flip the f*-% out if anyone touches any of it.

I'm also very anal about the install process. I want to be left alone and will take five times as long as anyone else because I am, a) savoring the time with my Jeep and , b) I want everything done a certain way.

Oh, and like following my Jeep home so I can see and hear it from different angles too.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I love tire shine and wax on my Jeep. I have no problem getting it out in the dusty desert, but when it's in the garage on the weekdays or going running errands, I like it looking real clean.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

My wife has to read this so she can see that i am not the only one like this.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 01-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Former Member

Hi my name is Adam and I have a problem... I wax my frame weekly. After off roading I have mini nervous breakdowns until it's spotless again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1536056086.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	593434  
Old 01-24-2015, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
Hi my name is Adam and I have a problem... I wax my frame weekly. After off roading I have mini nervous breakdowns until it's spotless again.
Damn, dude, you're worse than me. I'm letting the frame age like a fine wine. But I do wax the wheel well liners.

And accessory wiring, has to be neat and look as factory as possible.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Damn, dude, you're worse than me. I'm letting the frame age like a fine wine. But I do wax the wheel well liners. And accessory wiring, has to be neat and look as factory as possible.
It's bad... Real bad I can't handle it. My wife honestly gets jealous. My Harley stays in a bike bubble when I'm not riding it.... That bike is a whole mother level of crazy for me. The wax does help the mud come off and it's no highway queen at all just like it to look like the amount of money I have invested in it. I'm the same about wiring my 50" bar and mounts are going on next week and I bought the rigid harness and deutsch connectors for it so it would be as clean as possible. We need a support group.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1402717100.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	593444  

Quick Reply: Think you are anal about your Jeep? Post How Here!