Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Think you are anal about your Jeep? Post How Here!

Old 01-24-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
Hi my name is Adam and I have a problem... I wax my frame weekly. After off roading I have mini nervous breakdowns until it's spotless again.
Yeah, man. You got it bad!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
It's bad... Real bad I can't handle it. My wife honestly gets jealous. My Harley stays in a bike bubble when I'm not riding it.... That bike is a whole mother level of crazy for me. The wax does help the mud come off and it's no highway queen at all just like it to look like the amount of money I have invested in it. I'm the same about wiring my 50" bar and mounts are going on next week and I bought the rigid harness and deutsch connectors for it so it would be as clean as possible. We need a support group.
I get it. Couple of Harleys here and they are spotless too. They say you can tell how neat a person is by looking in their trunk. Don't have any vehicles with trunks right now but they, well how should I say this, were always neat and tidy.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just like to take care of my stuff. For this Jeep, that means I'm usually blowing off the underside with a pressure washer and every other nook/cranny after a wheeling trip so mud and dust isn't attracting water and holding it against metal that can easily corrode. Everything gets cleaned, inspected, and "put back in service" like the trip never even happened. However, there are some rock scars underneath that just won't disappear with any amount of cleansing.

"Anal" is someone else's assessment, pun intended. For me, this is just how things are done to high standards. It's mine, so I get to call the shots.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the way my Jeep looks clean including tire shine. I develop a twitch when I have to go a week without detailing the whole thing. I'm that crazy person seen wit the jeep parked in the shade in the summer waxing it by hand.

I don't mind getting the Jeep dirty, but at the same time, I enjoy detailing it myself by hand. I take pride in making my rig look nice too. =)
Old 01-26-2015, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you guys love cleaning your jeep , I wash mine once a year and the other times I just hose it off to get rid of the big dirt

Not really anal about anything on the jeep I love looking at it parked and I do my best not to put my doors or top on until I really really need to

Actually I think I am more anal about being naked for as long as I can then anything
Old 01-27-2015, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

After discount tire rotates or rebalances my tires I go behind them with a torque wrench. And check the torque on everything else every other week.
BTW, does anyone take their wheel off and clean the inside of them?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Any little rust spot on the undercarriage, axles, c's, skids etc, I will spray with Rustoleum.

2. After leaving the road at all, even just driving on a dirt road or some sand, the first thing I do afterwards is go to the car wash and spray it off, especially the undercarriage

3. I keep the hard top on 95% of the time because I want to keep the interior spotless.

4. I keep the undercarriage SPOTLESS no matter what. I spray it off once a week whether it needs it or not

5. I keep touch up paint in my toolbox in the back of my Jeep and paint over any scratches or paint chips

6. I will walk around it while it's parked to make sure nothing is wrong before I drive it

7. The Jeep gets washed, waxed, and detailed at least once a month

8. I put a steering wheel cover (The one from O'Reilly's that says Jeep on it) on so the leather on the steering wheel won't wear as quickly

Yes, I am crazy but I love my Jeep and want to keep her perfect.

Last edited by GreencrawlerJK; 01-27-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I make sure to bash in any black painted spots on my skids so they can rust!

Quick Reply: Think you are anal about your Jeep? Post How Here!