Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinkin about gettin rid of the jk

Old 03-23-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinkin about gettin rid of the jk

So I have put my jk up for sale but now that I have been looking at full size truck prices I'm not happy lol. I wanted to get a quad and a truck to replace my jk but now idk.
Just kind of worried about breaking the jeep off road.
Has anyone done this and regretted it??
One of my main reasons is I hate how small my jk is. And yes I know I could get a jku but just not different enough of a vehicle to make a change and rebuild

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-837853759.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	437456
Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought an 07 brand new and had it for a couple of years. During that time I lifted it, put 35's on it and some other small mods. I hydro locked the engine in 2009 and thought I should buy something more practical (2006 grand Cherokee hemi) even though I liked the grand a lot I regretted all the time that I didn't get another jk. Needless to say the day came last june and now I have a 2013 unlimited rubicon. But it mostly depends on your needs for a vehicle if you can't afford both. If you want the truck for a quad, why not just buy a trailer to tow behind the jk?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

It sounds like you don't really use the jeep for offroading as much as others . It has changed my life so much I have quit my job , sold the house , and relocated to somewhere that I can offroad anytime . ( close to the Rubiconj Jeeps aren't all that great if driven on road all the time and I wouldn't own one if I didn't off road . Also , I'm never afraid of breaking it , they are pretty tuff , and I can afford to fix it if it does .
Old 03-23-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dahreno
It has changed my life so much I have quit my job , sold the house , and relocated to somewhere that I can offroad anytime . ( close to the Rubicon)
^^^^^ THAT IS AWESOME!!!^^^^^
Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

It sounds like you don't really use the jeep for offroading as much as others . It has changed my life so much I have quit my job , sold the house , and relocated to somewhere that I can offroad anytime . ( close to the Rubiconj Jeeps aren't all that great if driven on road all the time and I wouldn't own one if I didn't off road . Also , I'm never afraid of breaking it , they are pretty tuff , and I can afford to fix it if it does .
My friend you are a true jeeper.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll accept that as a compliment ! I love it so much , (went wheelin today ) I also have another Jeep !
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Try out the 3.6 for a while. You will love it. That and you allready know the jeep and what can go wrong. Why change that. If you know what will wear out first and what to replace then keep it going. If you get a brand new one them make the dealership replace the crap and be happy.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

i sold my 07 2dr to buy a 09 ram, i had a 4runner as well so i thought i could fulfill all my offroad needs with those two vehicles and be just fine.... but when push comes to shove i babied my 4runner to much because it just doesnt feel as acceptable to wheel it as hard as i did my jeep nor was it as capable and it was to expensive to do any of the mods i wanted or fix anything i might break. same with the truck, it just does not compare to wheeling a jeep. so all said and done I couldnt just get the jeep life out of my mind and missed the jeep community as well ( jeeps dont like to wave back to rams it seems) so now i have my '13 jkur and cant wait to be back out on the beach with the tops off working on my tan while wheeling.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thecoz
So I have put my jk up for sale but now that I have been looking at full size truck prices I'm not happy lol. I wanted to get a quad and a truck to replace my jk but now idk.
Just kind of worried about breaking the jeep off road.
Has anyone done this and regretted it??
One of my main reasons is I hate how small my jk is. And yes I know I could get a jku but just not different enough of a vehicle to make a change and rebuild

Attachment 437456
You could instead get a light trailer and a quad maybe. That way you could use the Jeep for mild wheeling and tow the quad out when you want to get more agressive.

Because when wheeling a JK very hard that is also your daily driver you better have pockets deep enough to fix it quick. I know when I get the chance to run up north and get out in the booneys, in the back of my mind is potentially spending hundreds to get it back home, and thousands to fix it. Even though I can afford to pay, it tempers my risk taking.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

You, sir, are a genius!

Quick Reply: Thinkin about gettin rid of the jk