Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about getting a JK again... Question about Willys Wheeler

Old 09-26-2014, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a JK again... Question about Willys Wheeler

So I've had 2 JK's to date. Sold my unlimited in June last year and ended up getting a Ford Focus ST. I loved the jeep and I love my car. However, my family is expanding and we're expecting our second child in December.

I'm thinking of going back to the way of the JK for a bit more security and safety, as well as being able to get anywhere at any time in Upstate NY weather.

Anyway... my question. I am looking at the Unlimited Willys Wheeler. I see 2 versions on Jeep.com and it appears they're a little over $2,000 different in price. I'm having trouble figuring it out, so can anyone confirm that the higher cost version simply has power windows/locks and A/C? Or is there more to it?
Old 09-26-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wondered the same thing when I was checking them out online. I eventually came to my senses and decided to keep my 2010 LOL
Old 09-26-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The more expensive edition is simply ac and power options. I did extensive research before I picked up a 2015 sport. Btw, where about in upstate are you?
Old 09-27-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Is the price difference due to full doors or half doors? I'm pretty sure you could order a '14 Willys with full or half.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SigEp418
Is the price difference due to full doors or half doors? I'm pretty sure you could order a '14 Willys with full or half.
. The willys wheeler has two model options: the willys wheeler & willys wheeler s. The s edition comes with ac and some power goodies (windows and something else). But you can order half doors on either I believe.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info/clarification. If the lesser version indeed doesn't have a/c or power locks/windows, I'm out.

Even building an unlimited sport S I'm coming in around 32k. That would put me around 35k for the willys wheeler s as I would like it.

Now I'm really on the fence about this. Unlike my 2 Jk's, the focus ST did not retain as much resale value so this is a more complicated decision than I had thought.

And I'm near Saratoga NY.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKnewb
Thanks for the info/clarification. If the lesser version indeed doesn't have a/c or power locks/windows, I'm out.

Even building an unlimited sport S I'm coming in around 32k. That would put me around 35k for the willys wheeler s as I would like it.

Now I'm really on the fence about this. Unlike my 2 Jk's, the focus ST did not retain as much resale value so this is a more complicated decision than I had thought.

And I'm near Saratoga NY.
I just bought a 2015 sport with the freedom top. I walked out the door for way less than Jeep.com costs. Depending on the dealer,as we all know,let them earn your business. I think the only difference with the willys is the tires and some decals,but I could be wrong.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I picked up a willys lower edition in August and it came with a/c, premium sound system and a hard top for 33k. Has manual windows and locks.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Also has full doors.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a JK again... Question about Willys Wheeler