Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking of selling my JKUR....WHat do you guys feel its worth?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of selling my JKUR....WHat do you guys feel its worth?

So I have a 08 JKUR with 90K

I purchased it via a salvage auction due to a small fire in the engine compartment....did some checking and it was actually in a shop when it cough fire. So damages was limited but it does have a marked title

Damage was limited to the battery tray and some electrical around the battery area. Originally purchased to build a hemi/crawler but after looking at it, I got it running down the road for $20 in parts, so I decided to purchased a fully new wiring harness and anything that was remotely damaged, and slowly build a daily driver.

I put on 60K miles on the jeep with zero issues. ( other than death wobble..but who hasn't done that with a JK) The DW has been resolved

Jeep currently is running:
3.5 AEV coils
Poly pro Trac and front trac brace
AEV rear trac brace and bar
FUll set of TR control arms
Set of front and rear Rugged Ridge Bumpers with Stinger and tire carrier
Rear OR fab corners with bar
Poison Spider sliders and armor along bottom.
AEV procal
......list goes on and on.

I am only thinking about getting rid of it due to a 2012 that has been calling my name every time I drive buy it....

Any thoughts or opinions....
I know due to the marked title I won't get top $ for it, but I didn't pay top $ to begin with.

Just wondering thoughts on what is a fair price for the rig.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's really tough to say. The mods aren't worth much if anything in the "generic" resale market to a buyer who doesn't know what they're looking at. The mods are probably best replaced with stock parts if you still have them. The rig has to have springs, shocks, tires, and bumpers to go down the road legally, so it makes sense to satisfy that requirement with the stock parts and sell the upgrades to someone who values them.

NADA rough trade value is about $18,500 which seems high. Take off roughly 25% for the branded title condition and you're probably looking at an offer from a dealer (who will turn around and wholesale it) of anywhere from $12,500 to $13,500-ish. That's my best guess with a little knowledge about how this stuff works (but not much). It's now a 5+ year old vehicle, with close to 100k miles and has a branded title. I can't say for the condition, but those first 3 factors working against you are going to bring a low selling price.

You'd be better off selling it private party to the right buyer that wants a built Jeep and will understand what the branded title means, and can see/verify where the damage has been remediated or repaired. Maybe slap a "For Sale" sign in the window or post it up online for sale and see if there's any interest? Just a thought. With the right buyer I'd say someone might be willing to pay closer to the trade value, but it really depends on their willingness to accept risk. If you have a financed buyer, sometimes a branded title will affect financing and insurance...you may be looking for a cash buyer too.

Good luck man!

Last edited by jk_sea; 06-26-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my JKUR....WHat do you guys feel its worth?