Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thought my jeep was done!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought my jeep was done!

Drove home last night, and felt a slight jerk in 5th gear. Thought maybe the clutch was slipping. Today driving on the highway, engine light starts flashing and sudden loss of power. Sat on the side of the road before I decided to drive slowly to autozone once I researched and discovered it was a misfire. Autozone ran the code p0302 (misfire cylinder 2) Bought Bosch platinum spark plugs and wires. When removing spark plug 2, it had a chipped piece of porcelain, which made me believe my cylinder was done! Ran the motor with number 2 spark plug out, to use the compression blow anything in the hole out. Nothing... Which made me believe it was out the exhaust or gone. After changing plugs and wires, sand problem of misfire. Ran plug 2 disconnected, no spark. Bought coil, replaced it, wallllaa!!! Back in business!!! There is a GOD! Happiest day of my life!! Thought my jeep was done. Went to autozone, cleared the code, no more codes! What a day!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-592068327.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	428059  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a damn day but then you make it. If that was happened to anyone or even to me I feel so down but then you make it.

Quick Reply: Thought my jeep was done!